Strange high blood sugar warnings

abigailsheree

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone
When my blood sugars are high I get really clumsy and trip over loads does anyone else get any strange warnings? I have been diabetic 16years and never experienced this before is it normal?

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could it be maybe a vision thing - variable blood sugars and high blood sugars can effect you vision and if you were having difficulty focusing that could cause the clumsiness and the tripping.

What kind of levels are your sugars at when you are getting these symptoms?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Heya, yes I get this at times too, almost a brain fog, just generally slower, tend to drop stuff, bit dangerous first thing in the morning when I make tea !!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
aawww bless @abigailsheree
that sounds like a clear hyper signal -- you should be looking to get Bg's lower as soon as you can ( i know easier said than done )
i have had periods like this over the years -- sometimes doing fasting and still taking insulin until BG's get into normal range ( 5-8)
got to be careful and test loads though

abigailsheree

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah I try and get it down quickly it's just a recent started at least it's a clear sign and after 1.5 hour walk it came down to 7 it was lucky I was walking with someone else as they managed to stop me falling into the main road

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
how are you this morning ?
hopefully at normal levels ?