Strange Tingling in Hands & Face???

daisy3174

Hi there, I have been diagnosed with diabetes Type? they think LADA/MODY.Last week started having swelling of face and hand along with tingling and vague throbbing, noticed my sugar was sitting between 8 and 13/14 all last week, also noticed that my blood pressure (with home monitor) was not falling below 160/100 and its usually pretty normal and my heart rate over 100. I also have thrush (yet again) as my sugars have been running high.Still have the swelling/tingling/pain seems to be worse when my sugars higher could there be a connecton, dont want to go to docs.Thanks x

Tracey69

HI
I am wondering if you have an infection, as this will raise your blood sugars. With your blood pressure that high i think you need to see your doctor or give your out of hours a call.
Have you tested your urine for ketones if you have any sticks.
Let me know how you get on, your more than welcome to private message if you want.
Hope your feeling better soon.
Take care
Tracey

daisy3174

Hi there, thankyou for replying, I am going to make an appointment 1st thing in the morning as things are still the same.I havent any ketosticks but I cant stop drinking.I do have glucose sticks, its usually on the darkest one.I have had to miss nearly two weeks of running as I have felt so rough whch probably hasnt helped my sugars.Thankyou for your concern xx

Tracey69

HI Daisy
How did you get on at the doctors. Have the symptoms gone away now.
Hope your feeling better.
Take care
Tracey