Stroke like symptoms after hypo resolved

lmc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some of your symptoms sound like bell's palsy. Nothing related to strokes.
If medics have ruled out strokes then take it as cleared. They do plenty of checks.

Hypos whether true ones or false make you feel all those symptoms. Underactive thyroid too.
Any coldness when people are saying temperature is fine?
I was ill for a while before underactive thyroid diagnosis. This causes depression and low mood too. On top of hypos. It would be very very much like you describe.
Call gp practice tomorrow and ask for last blood test results and whether thyroid was checked and if totally fine. If close result make an apoointment to see your gp for possible low dose levothyroxine.
All the above can be autoimmune related. As your type1 diabetes.
You are right to wonder what's going on. See a different gp at your practice for a fresh look at it?
Let your gp tell you what could be happening. Don't prompt gp.
Pls get thyroid checked thou asap, if wasn't included in bloodtests.
Pls let me know how you get on. Neither wonder your worrying. You just want to know what's going on.
Hypos are very upetting and emotional. See your dn for a refresher and let her know by meter how many hypos and symptoms even when not in 4s.
I'm confident this can be explained and resolved. You shouldnt be having to suffer this in the dark!
Interesting you said bells palsy. One side of my face dropped slightly a few years ago. The stroke nurse said well, I can see why you are here. The Neurologist commented on it and said I must have had bells palsy at some point

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Interesting you said bells palsy. One side of my face dropped slightly a few years ago. The stroke nurse said well, I can see why you are here. The Neurologist commented on it and said I must have had bells palsy at some point
Do you see the light now?
Not a stroke?
I've recovered very well from my last attack 24yrs ago. They say it can come back. It's attack on the facial nerves. Are you doing facial exercises now you've recovered from its attack?
Maybe hypos making you feel weaker, on top?
Try and find a more comfortable management of sugars as it will give you your confidence back. Ask dn for support, maybe?

lmc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you see the light now?
Not a stroke?
I've recovered very well from my last attack 24yrs ago. They say it can come back. It's attack on the facial nerves. Are you doing facial exercises now you've recovered from its attack?
Maybe hypos making you feel weaker, on top?
Try and find a more comfortable management of sugars as it will give you your confidence back. Ask dn for support, maybe?
Neurologist never told me about any exercises. It was a few years later when I saw him after stroke like symptoms. I had always thought it was something to do with rheumy condition as mouth can change. I did not think it was a stroke, apart from when diabetic nurse told me the 1st one was. It scared me when symptoms would not go away. I do run my blood sugars higher than DCC studies advise as I have had diabetes for 40 years and have always had lots of hypos with sudden large drops. I get little or no symptom. I have been running them high at the moment as scared of it happening again. I do need to get them under control again, particularly as my insulin will likely be changed in the near future as I am on bovine insulin. I have tried numerous insulins over the years and always end up going back on bovine. I first started losing hypo symptoms in 90's after changing to humulin insulin and having 1-3 hypos a day for a year. Limited contact with diabetic nurses in those days. I don't have much contact now as I used to work at the same place as my diabetic nurse and did not like the way she used to talk about patients.