Struggle walking

Pamelajodee

So I’m new here and not sure how it works but here goes... I have had type 1 diabetes since I was 17 which was 11 years ago I have had a lot of complications during that time I’ve been hospitalised in a coma with ketones And pneumonia since being out of hospital I have struggled with anxiety and depression but also I have memory problems too I can’t remember things I talk about after maybe 10 minutes if I’m reading I have to re-read same bits so have kind Of given up on reading I also find it difficult walking I stumble a lot and have lost my balance a lot and also get fatigued after walking for a certain amount of time has anyone else been through these issues and does it get better thanks for reading!

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Welcome to the forums and I am really sorry you are having these issues.

If these are diabetic issues then there is a good chance that they will improve if you improve your blood sugars, but I wouldn't assume they are necessarily caused by diabetes (other than the DKA). Having said that, what sort of blood sugar levels are you running? High levels can cause all sorts of (hopefully short term) problems.

But please talk to your doctor urgently, you shouldn't be suffering like this without medical imput.

Good luck.

Reactions: ashleyneildas

walk39isl

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is probably high blood sugar and the tiredness and lack of energy for reading signals maybe liver problems. Go to your surgery and book an appointment. Do you stay up late eg overnight at times on weekends or not go to bed by midnight and get at least 5 hours' sleep a night and two hours' nap 4 to 6pm?