struggling bad

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yeah i turn into not a nice person if my sugars are high or low, very bitter /angry cant qutie describe it.. I told my doctor today and she says i should go on DAFNE course but the thing is I can count carbs already, my sugars are better than ever and yet this is the first time in my life that ive ever been depressed and when i asked for help they refer me to another doctor.. happened twice now..

I think from what you describe a DAFNE course isn't the answer, your diabetes may be a catalyst for how you've been feeling, and not the cause. Having had the closest person to me in the world, my brother, go down the suicide route I can't emphasise enough how devastating it is for the family and friends. I've been diagnosed T1 for 2.5yrs, as much of a challenge it is it's not that bad, we can live normal lives and function.

There are a lot of independent charities dealing with depression, suicide, and all sorts of issues, reach out to them if you feel your local medics can't help.

Really hope you can get some help, message me if you want to chat, or want any advice.

Reactions: 2 people

encore1332

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not nice stuff
Hi, hope things are getting better for you. I know how you feel. I'm 32 and single living on my own. I have had points thinking the same thing but have found that my dog is the reason I bother, he is a rescue. He gets me out of the flat walking him and people often stop and talk to me about him. Hope the doctor gives you whatever help you need. I have also found this forum a great help and a source of advice from those who have been there and done it. If you ever need a chat just message me. Think the most important thing Is to remember your not alone.

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
anyone else just get tempted to inject 100 units and be done with it? would be painlessand peaceful in your sleep, only thing stoppin me is knowin how sad I'd make my family.. got no drive no motivation for life anymore just doing the bare minimum to survive cant even be ***** with that to be honest, lost all passion I used to be a happy jokey guy, now im ****in miserable and everyone can tell.. aint got a very hopefull outlook and my eyes kidneys nerves all startin to go downhill im only 20... by time im 2x this age ill probably be 2x as ****ed so whats the point? /rant

Yep have same thoughts
As in - sod it - if my body wants to kill me lets see who wins first ....
So I have signed up to loads of mad stuff that could go wrong- but would a great way to go ....I just wonder if you sh@g Ya self to death ?!?
Look I have one thing stopping me
My old mum
She had strokes loads of em
I need to be here while she still is
Then I thought sod it when she gone ... Etc
I even ****** of to Africa and left my insulin here
But the friends I have out there found out what I was doing and Got me my prescription - took me a week to talk to them

Took me to a place called Dombashower ( not how u spell it but how u say it )

Kinda - let me get a bit of anger out
I still have not excepted it nor will I
Even only forth month in

Still angry

But one thing I think and still do is
Take a breath and think this .....
Screw it - if am able to do mad cramp before it Beats me then - get in - if I **** up on way and end up not here
Lest I went out with smile

Just don't regret anything that makes u smile on way bud

I know nowt I say here would lift u up
But at lest know that some of us are as low too

When life gives u sh!t... Make fertiliser lol

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yep have same thoughts
As in - sod it - if my body wants to kill me lets see who wins first ....
So I have signed up to loads of mad stuff that could go wrong- but would a great way to go ....I just wonder if you sh@g Ya self to death ?!?
Look I have one thing stopping me
My old mum
She had strokes loads of em
I need to be here while she still is
Then I thought sod it when she gone ... Etc
I even ****** of to Africa and left my insulin here
But the friends I have out there found out what I was doing and Got me my prescription - took me a week to talk to them

Took me to a place called Dombashower ( not how u spell it but how u say it )

Kinda - let me get a bit of anger out
I still have not excepted it nor will I
Even only forth month in

Still angry

But one thing I think and still do is
Take a breath and think this .....
Screw it - if am able to do mad cramp before it Beats me then - get in - if I **** up on way and end up not here
Lest I went out with smile

Just don't regret anything that makes u smile on way bud

I know nowt I say here would lift u up
But at lest know that some of us are as low too

When life gives u sh!t... Make fertiliser lol

Makes me sad to read this as life with D can still be brilliant... So what about a stab and an inject.. Look at all the good people like Steve Redgrave. Gary Mabbutt etc that coped....

Yes it makes things harder... turning life around to be positive can be a struggle but D does not have to make you different to others... It can be a huge educator about healthy lifestyles and healthy living.. I look back at my 30+ years with T1 and the vast majority of it has made me a better person. I help the community.. I wouldn't have done that without D, I eat healthy.. Wouldn't have done that, still travel and laugh...still work, no complications..

There are positives to being diabetic in that it can make you a better person....

It saddens me to read that you cannot reach out and be glad that some fantastic scientists found insulin and because of that we can still enjoy our lives....

Reactions: 6 people

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
Yeah im feeling better today, was a terrible day yesterday for some reason. was a low point but shall move on and use it as motivation to keep trying my best.

Got an appt at docs next tuesday, and I'm going to write down what I want to say this time..

thanks for your concern, and to everyone who commented.. you are all amazing people!! big love <3

life can be tough sometimes bud,keep ya chin up :)

Lunar_Lapin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I think about this every day. I don't know the answer because I'm still searching for it myself but there is a better way. There are plenty of people on here including me that are only a message away when you are feeling like this, please do not give up.

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Makes me sad to read this as life with D can still be brilliant... So what about a stab and an inject.. Look at all the good people like Steve Redgrave. Gary Mabbutt etc that coped....

Yes it makes things harder... turning life around to be positive can be a struggle but D does not have to make you different to others... It can be a huge educator about healthy lifestyles and healthy living.. I look back at my 30+ years with T1 and the vast majority of it has made me a better person. I help the community.. I wouldn't have done that without D, I eat healthy.. Wouldn't have done that, still travel and laugh...still work, no complications..

There are positives to being diabetic in that it can make you a better person....

It saddens me to read that you cannot reach out and be glad that some fantastic scientists found insulin and because of that we can still enjoy our lives....
Nothing to do with scientists bud - and kinda daft thing to say on subject I feel - sorry just way I feel
And I see nothing good about D at all / sorry

I fact I see it as a reason !

You lived with it from a child I take?!
I found out in late 30s as in 37- as in 4 months ago
Nothing I read or see changes that fact
Sorry - just way I feel too

To be frank I at times also think I wish I had not called 999 and just slipped off
And don't try and come back on this
As said just way I feel
But the ORG post
Was asking for a pick me up
Not to be beaten for there low feelings being posted
I mean am not being funny
But your comment has rather annoyed me
If you had in fact read it all u woukd off seen the last comment
When life gives u ****..... Make fertiliser
So please don't feel sorry for me and how I feel

I think what I am
Saying without being rude... And I don't mean to be
But - when people
Who are low post - dont sympathise as don't work - empathise !!! don't criticise on people's low thoughts

Sorry if gets yor back up

But as said - I empathised with org post
Did not try and tell how he should be
I just wanted him to know he's not only and Yer scary but not a lone

Sorry - get of soap box and check blood as getting grumpy and can only mean one thing

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I think about this every day. I don't know the answer because I'm still searching for it myself but there is a better way. There are plenty of people on here including me that are only a message away when you are feeling like this, please do not give up.

See like this post - empathy ! And it's just blooming fab to read and see

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi @Samsquamch , how are things with you now. Diabetes ain't easy at times and can be a bloody hard slog too, so many of us know how difficult it can be. Have you had a look at this ?, it could be helpful to you :-
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/diabetes-burnout.74048/
I wish you well and I do hope you can find some inner strength to look at how you can find some peace and acceptance too, try not to let it overwhelm you and burden your life.

Best wishes RRB