ashleighfayx_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,
I have had type one diabetes for 5 years now, I'm 21 years old and just struggling to control my diabetes. Since I got diagnosed I haven't ever really been on top of it my HBA1C is 109, my 'normal' sugars are usually in the 20's. I wake up to them being like 25, but if I inject loads of insulin and they come down I feel horrible because I'm not used to it and it's getting scary now because I have to wear glasses for concentrating and one of my big toes is numb. So it's having an effect and I just don't know what to do..

Casper2614

Hi
You really need to inject your insulin as keeping your numbers that high all the time will damage your body. You only feel **** when they are coming down because your body is not used to it as you have been running high for such a long time. As soon as your body gets used to the lower numbers you will feel better again and probably find that you have more energy and feel less sluggish. Bring it down slowly though as going from 25 - 6 is probably not the best way to do it and you want to watch out for hypos which are the other end of the scale. I suffer from hypo anxiety so have been keeping my number high between 10-14 for the last couple of months but know I have to reduce it further and get back to 5-7 as that is the healthy range. I feel rubbish that I am keeping my numbers that hight as I know it causes damage so I feel your pain and can only suggest what I am trying to do and that is to reduce the high numbers and stop yourself from encountering complications. Good luck

Reactions: Crystalwand

ashleighfayx_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
You really need to inject your insulin as keeping your numbers that high all the time will damage your body. You only feel **** when they are coming down because your body is not used to it as you have been running high for such a long time. As soon as your body gets used to the lower numbers you will feel better again and probably find that you have more energy and feel less sluggish. Bring it down slowly though as going from 25 - 6 is probably not the best way to do it and you want to watch out for hypos which are the other end of the scale. I suffer from hypo anxiety so have been keeping my number high between 10-14 for the last couple of months but know I have to reduce it further and get back to 5-7 as that is the healthy range. I feel rubbish that I am keeping my numbers that hight as I know it causes damage so I feel your pain and can only suggest what I am trying to do and that is to reduce the high numbers and stop yourself from encountering complications. Good luck

Hi!

Yeah it is a struggle, I have an appointment next week with my diabetic nurse at the hospital so going to discuss it all and hopefully get on the track to reducing my bloods.

That must not be nice for you, as it does make me feel so sluggish and tired all the time being high! It’s exhausting. But thanks for the advice and good luck to you too!!