stupid question

berryheadpie

Dislikes
liver fish and drunks that spit on you when they r taking to you
Hi there this is going to sound completely insane but... I was started on my pump 4 weeks ago now and im so cold all the time i mean so cold it actually hurts and it just seems to be since i started on my pump. i have a strong history of hypothyroid in my family but mine is fine got it checked 2 weeks ago could this have anything to do with my insulin pump. has anyone else had anything similar since going on their pump any help or ideas will be v gratefully received im dreading the winter
Karen

Jugster

I have been on a pump for 16 years and have never experienced anything like that before. I would mention it to your doctor. Hope this gets better for you.

tanj666

Dislikes
cheese
Hi,

When you say you had your thyroid checked, its important to know what the TSH reading was. Many doctors are still using the older guidelines and believe a reading of between 3 and 5 is fine. Modern research now says to get the figure down towards 1.

(TSH is Thyroid Stimulation Hormone - your body releases this to cause your thyroid gland to produce the thyroxine it needs, more TSH means more thyroxine needed. If the thyroid gland has started to mess you about (as mine has), the TSH levels rise and stay high.)

I've been on my pump for about 8 weeks now. Not noticed any cold feelings like you describe. But I did get very cold when my thyroid packed in a few years ago.

Hope this is some help

Anthony