Substitute for bread

pelirocco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone mentioned livlife bread ? 14.6 g carb per 100 g 3.8 per slice, the slices are small , tastes ok toasted (haven't tried it toasted ) I find lidl rolls bleurgh

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone mentioned livlife bread ? 14.6 g carb per 100 g 3.8 per slice, the slices are small , tastes ok toasted (haven't tried it toasted ) I find lidl rolls bleurgh
Yes, Livlife is another option mentioned on here frequently in the past. My nearest Waitrose usually has just one loaf at the back of the bottom shelf -- can't be seen unless I kneel down. I prefer half a Lidl roll but Livlife is ok toasted with a breakfast fry-up

Greenandgold

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I bought some psyllium husk powder today from Holland and Barrett £14!!!! I had read that certain brands would make your bread purple, unfortunately it's sold as a fibre supplement and wasn't in the baking section so I was unsure if it would be one of the purple ones.
Well it is...so a warning to anyone buying from H&B for baking, it'll come in handy for its original use no doubt so not a complete waste of money.
Does anyone have any experience of baking with psyllium? If so where could I buy in the UK? Or could I use Xantham gum instead?