Successes and Christmas Eve

dhark801

First, I just wanna say thanks to all the members here. I'm just a silent reader but I've learned a lot from you guys.

I just want to share my progress to you guys.

3 months ago I got my first test results.
HBA1C 6.50%
FBS 6.4

I haven't been in tested in the lab yet so no HBA1C. But now, December 24 2020, my daily results are.
FBS 4.4 to 4.7. after testing in these past few days.
Postprandials are down from 6.5-7.4 to low 5s eating the same semi-low carb meal.

Weight is also down from 80 Kilograms to 69 Kilograms. My goal is 65 Kilos.

3 weeks after my lab test, I started dieting. Removed rice, bread, sweets from my diet. That's when I started to see my daily results going down. FBS started to go down from 6.4 to 5.8 to 5.5 to 5.0 to 4.2-4.7. This all happened in the space of 3 months. I also introduced Fasting this past month that to which I suspect lowered my FBS even more from 5.0 to 4.4. (I run out of testing for a month or so after I started fasting). I also discovered that if I eat a meal, I can lower to the normal levels with simple stationary running (Can't go out running due to strict COVID-19 protocols)

My biggest challenge is tonight, Christmas Eve, with a lot of food on the table, carb-loaded meals, and deserts. Temptations. I'm gonna splurge tonight but will exercise afterward.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Great results, keep up the good work. Would you indicate the types of foods you have been eating, this could be useful to other newbies.

dhark801

Great results, keep up the good work. Would you indicate the types of foods you have been eating, this could be useful to other newbies.
I eat a lot of proteins like fish, chicken, pork. A lot of vegetables, usually leafy ones (These days I can't afford vegetables as the price almost quadrupled). I say, they should eat their meter.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I eat a lot of proteins like fish, chicken, pork. A lot of vegetables, usually leafy ones (These days I can't afford vegetables as the price almost quadrupled). I say, they should eat their meter.
What a great set of whole foods.