Such an infuriating condition!!

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
I'm having a moan/venting...I know there are hundreds of conditions that are more severe and worse to deal with than diabetes but I'm so bloody frustrated!

Tonight I ate the exact same dinner as last night, 1 chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms...

Last night at this time my BG was 6.8, tonight I'm 17.1....I've eaten the exact same thing, and had the same level of activity ect.

I wouldn't mind this reading if I'd been snacking on sugary treats but when you're trying so hard to grasp some control of your body/BG levels it just makes you feel really disappointed and fed up....would be as well banging my head off of a brick wall. Constantly fighting with your own body is exhausting.

Reactions: Freema

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I think D ranks up there with other lifelong conditions , mainly because it can last for such a long time ( if we look after ourselves )

it is really really frustrating when you do everything the same in a pattern and get widely variable results -- it is a definite bang the head against wall feeling ...... but .............( in the moment) now try and correct , set an alarm for 1am , check and correct again if needed and try to move on from this frustrating evening .
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :banghead::banghead:

( all of wales -- or at least me :) ) will be rooting for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
I think D ranks up there with other lifelong conditions , mainly because it can last for such a long time ( if we look after ourselves )

it is really really frustrating when you do everything the same in a pattern and get widely variable results -- it is a definite bang the head against wall feeling ...... but .............( in the moment) now try and correct , set an alarm for 1am , check and correct again if needed and try to move on from this frustrating evening .
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :banghead::banghead:

( all of wales -- or at least me :) ) will be rooting for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Paul...I've had a correction and my Levemir, and an alarm is set for 12.30am...Thanks love :)

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kimrooney89 I know exactly what you mean. Today I had soup for lunch, which is the exact same thing I had yesterday. Yesterday, barely blinked, I think it was 6 point something 2 hours later. Today, exact same lunch, exact same dose, two hours later it was 9.9. Then, twenty minutes after that, after a walk to the shops (5 minutes each way), it was 2.6, which I didn't even feel!

Sending you hugs. It is a really frustrating condition, constant hard work, and it never lets up. I really do empathise with feeling like you are constantly fighting. Just try to remember that you might have lost this particular round in the ring with the stupid thing, but you are still fighting, and still winning the war/match/bout (my boxing parlance is rather poor)!

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
@kimrooney89 I know exactly what you mean. Today I had soup for lunch, which is the exact same thing I had yesterday. Yesterday, barely blinked, I think it was 6 point something 2 hours later. Today, exact same lunch, exact same dose, two hours later it was 9.9. Then, twenty minutes after that, after a walk to the shops (5 minutes each way), it was 2.6, which I didn't even feel!

Sending you hugs. It is a really frustrating condition, constant hard work, and it never lets up. I really do empathise with feeling like you are constantly fighting. Just try to remember that you might have lost this particular round in the ring with the stupid thing, but you are still fighting, and still winning the war/match/bout (my boxing parlance is rather poor)!
Thank you EllsKBells :)

Some days I wish I could just have a wee day off from all the ****; testing, stressing, correcting and constant finger pricking!

It's hard to have the motivation to constantly go to battle with your own body, I find it exhausting..Will be awake at 12.30am to test again and probably have another correction. What I wouldn't give for a full nights uninterrupted sleep...

Hey ho, no point crying over something that can't be reversed...Your boxing analogy made me smile :)

Reactions: Prem51 and himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
morning Kim :)
how did you get on overnight ?

Reactions: kimrooney89

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
morning Kim :)
how did you get on overnight ?
Not good unfortunately @himtoo :(
I'm now following sick day rules as I cannot get by BG under 14mmols. Have changed my pen, washed my hands, corrected and retested but seem to be stuck. I do have a very sore throat this morning and one side of my neck is puffy... I think its possibly swollen glands

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
awwww Booooooo :(
good you straight on sick day rules though
keep your chin up and yourself on the sofa resting :)

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
awwww Booooooo :(
good you straight on sick day rules though
keep your chin up and yourself on the sofa resting :)
Currently on the sofa with a blanket, cuddle up with the kids watching the lion king. Hoping the corrections kick in soon...

Reactions: Prem51 and himtoo

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Some days I wish I could just have a wee day off from all the ****; testing, stressing, correcting and constant finger pricking!

That's it @kimrooney89 , diabetes is 24/7 with no time off for good behaviour :rolleyes:

The young lady in the following video sums it all up:

Hope your feeling better soon.

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
Hope you feel better soon @kimrooney89 Take it easy. X
@azure thanks love...I've woken up this morning barely able to speak, think I have swollen glands or a throat infection so now the crazy BG levels last night make sense...I've also lost 9lb since last Sunday when I started the LCHF eating so it's not all bad :) x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds nasty. I find hot tea can help ease the horrible throat feeling. Gargling with salt water is supposed to be excellent, but I never feel like doing that when I'm ill.

Hope it soon goes and your BS behaves.

CarlyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, snobby behaviour
I was going to ask of you were coming down with an illness when I read your post and now I see you are ill!

I totally understand your frustrations. I'm currently trying to get strict control so that I can have another baby. A hard task when I am honeymooning. It's a hard journey and I just want to be able to just get on with having the baby. Boo!

I wish you a speedy recovery!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Get Well Soon. Thank you for your post. As it can get very frustrating when you cannot foresee the bugs coming and their effects.
Plenty of warm drinks?

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
I was going to ask of you were coming down with an illness when I read your post and now I see you are ill!

I totally understand your frustrations. I'm currently trying to get strict control so that I can have another baby. A hard task when I am honeymooning. It's a hard journey and I just want to be able to just get on with having the baby. Boo!

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Yes I think I have swollen glands and/or a throat infection :( have been following sick day rules all day, visit to the GP for me tomorrow.

Ah I remember that well, always tricky to gain the tight control you want to have before trying for a baby. You'll get there though :) I attended the pregnant diabetic clinic at my local hospital before I had conceived..they were amazing with the advice and support they gave me. They also started me on multivitamins and preconception folic acid

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
Get Well Soon. Thank you for your post. As it can get very frustrating when you cannot foresee the bugs coming and their effects.
Plenty of warm drinks?
Thank you @ickihun
Yes tried some warm water with lemon and honey and a few mugs of homemade low carb soup. Taking paracetamol every 4 hours but still feel as though I'm swallowing glass

kevvmacc7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It is literally the most infuriating disease sometimes and so many people aren't aware and just pin it off as "well atleast you don't have something more severe like (insert a/b/or c disease)." The toughest thing about type 1 is that even if you do everything perfect and go by all of the rules, you still will never reach the perfect balance. I've had it for 9 years now and that is one of the most enlightening and completely tormenting things about the disease. But you have to just move on find constructive ways to let out the steam. The worst part is that my favorite aspect of letting off my frustration is often going for a run/exercising, which diabetes conveniently inhibits. This might sound like a downer of a response but my best advice is to just hang in there and know that there are so many other people dealing with the same infuriating condition that doesn't get enough attention. Screw it. Go listen to some loud music and make some art. Channel that rage and energy you wouldn't have otherwise into anything! Just don't bottle it up. That's my best advice. Peace and love from a fellow type 1.