1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Sudden changes/780g

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Lovinlife, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Lovinlife

Lovinlife Type 1 · Active Member

Hi everyone!

I am type 1 diabetic diagnosed 8 years ago on the medtronic 780g pump and CGM.

i have always noticed that for a few months here and there I will get very easy to manage blood sugars requiring quite small doses of insulin and then all of a sudden it will change to no amount of insulin will bring down a stubborn high and the only way to manage is to cut carbs and even then fasting sugars are stubborn at 6s and 7s.

When I started the pump I thought my prayers had been answered as I couldnt believe how well controlled I was (averaging in the 6s and low standard deviation) while eating a normal diet. This continued for about 4 months and then bang all of a sufden the slightest sniff of a carb sends me soaring.

I know well how unpredictable diabetes can be and food/illness etc can impact but i just find this so strange that it goes on for months! i changed my insulin and tried different sites but still the same?!

on a traditional pump you can crank up the basal by using temp basals etc how do i do this in automode on the 780g? I have brought active insulin time down to 2hrs 15mins and insulin sensitivity factor is at 0.3 during the day and 2 at night 0.3 is the lowest it will ho to BG targer 4-4.5. I am lost as to what I am doing wrong? Any tips, ideas, suggestions I would greatly appreciate! ☺️

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook