hawnet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
judgemental people, billy liars,
hiya tx :)

i dont count the carbs any more because ive kinda worked out what i can and cant eat carb wise, this is today for example but as i say i havent counted...

brekkie
fage natural greek yogurt (full fat)
10ish blackberries
5 strawberries chopped up
sprinkling of linwoods milled flax
(10g carb roughly)

10am
2 almost bounty balls that i made yesterday, recipe at www.diabeticgoodbaking.com
(4.4g carb)

lunch
subway salad (lettuce, cucumber,green pepper, olives, jalapenos, gherkins, toms, onion and grated cheese)
(no idea but its a salad lol)

dinner
homemade beef burgers x3 wrapped in lettuce leaves with thin sliced toms, fried mushrooms and cheddar cheese
(again no idea)

afters
sugar free jelly with double cream
(cant be lot lol)

hope this helps :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

This is such a good post to read because it lists down exactly what you eat, and I have not got my head on yet regarding how to make food interesting without carbs, and you made your days food sound really nice. Cheers.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
This is such a good post to read because it lists down exactly what you eat, and I have not got my head on yet regarding how to make food interesting without carbs, and you made your days food sound really nice. Cheers.

Hiya :) it has to be tasty to be sustainable, its a little effort to work out what you like but once you do :) i have ambitions on being a lot more creative and teaching myself to make some of the wonderful recipes i read about on the forum and google, the fancy stuff i cook tends to be low carb cakes etc because theres such a reward at the end, but when i read what some folks have for their daily meals it all sounds great and want to try them all, i would like to go from being a baker to being a cook, i cherry pick the things that look easiest to make at the moment, id like to tackle some harder looking stuff too but its hard when you work long hours but no one said it was going to be easy right :)

takes time though, i can remember thinking it was all impossible, for example i tried to eat fish because i kept reading how good it is for us, I've always hated it but had got it into my mind i was going to eat it and enjoy it as there seemed so little we could actually eat, i literally cried while eating the piece of cod (not the crying type) i looked at the forum through the tears, i had posted earlier about this piece of fish i was going to cook and someone had replied something along the lines of "don't you dare eat that fish" (i must try to find that post and see who it was) it changed everything for me from that moment onward i decided i would only eat what tasted good and set about making tasty food, lots of research and help from here, if i made something that didn't taste nice, even if it had taken me 2 hours to make i would stop eating after the first mouthful, the carb count is so precious, wasting it on eating something that i don't really enjoy is madness to me, if i enjoy it then its worth every gram, wow sorry didn't mean to ramble on...

best wishes

Reactions: 2 people