Suddenly low

Tez_Ann_J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a weird low. 5.8 at lunch (fab) - usual lunch & 4 units Novo. 6.8 at 4.00pm but feeling rubbish so had biscuit despite reading. 4.30 ish still feeling rubbish so took BG again... 3.8! Dextrose x3. At least explained how was feeling. Only thing I can think of is weekend was quite an active one but didn't expect delay between BG result & my 'gut' feeling. Argh!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had one of those 'know I'm dropping fast' experiences today @Tez_Ann_J It's a very definite feeling, isn't it?

Diabetes likes to keep us on our toes!

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
Reactions to activity occurs up to 24hrs afterwards depending on various things. But not known to last up to 48hrs!! Keep eye on BGs & lower novo a little for meals.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Tez_Ann_J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh yes, @azure, horrible. Follow up... Felt very rough all evening but had to dash to loo a few times - wonder if this was the start of a tummy bug?

Tez_Ann_J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I already use 2 apps for this purpose & this really was a dive in BG with no apparent cause: food, insulin, activity. As above I now think I had the start of a stomach bug but still not sure whether that was cause or effect.

Reactions: 2 people

Tez_Ann_J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a quick update. Tummy upset turned out to be Complete Heart Block. Admitted via A&E early hours of 27th May; Angiogram same day - arteries & heart valves healthy - pacemaker fitted on 28th - home 29th. Yay the NHS. Nearly 3 wks later now & feeling much, much better

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just a quick update. Tummy upset turned out to be Complete Heart Block. Admitted via A&E early hours of 27th May; Angiogram same day - arteries & heart valves healthy - pacemaker fitted on 28th - home 29th. Yay the NHS. Nearly 3 wks later now & feeling much, much better

Wow! I wasn't expecting to read that. I'm glad you're ok. That sounds very scary for you.

I'm pleased you're feeling better now. Wishing you all the best X

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Blimey @Tez_Ann_J, pleased your feeling much better now and Yes thank goodness for the NHS :) Take care.