Sugar aversion.

TMG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Chocolate
Hello to one and all,

I was diagnosed prior to christmas as type 2. I was then re-assessed to prediabetes when the tests were re-run due to the metformin making me stop sleeping completely!

I now take one 500 metformin at 3pm to cover my main consumption part of the day, and am controlling my renowned sweet tooth, which I am rather proud of :clap:

I have taken all the advice on board, but had a strange reaction last night.. My partner and I went for a chinese meal (these are now rarer than a blue moon!) however one of the dishes was a sweet and sour chicken dish, I ate one piece and immediately felt sick, I wanted to spit it out!! an urge I had to fight as we were in a public place and restraunt to boot. I have eaten other swwet foods without this reaction, but on this occassion I was literally unable to eat or drink anything further and I felt Ill for the rest of the evening :sick:

Has this happened to anyone else?? My partner was a little embarrased by my behaviour, as I was unable to explain why I couldn't now eat what we had ordered..he's fine now though. It was just such a weird experience. Any Ideas??

Tracey

Alex Noodles

After diagnosis and cutting out all sugar cold turkey, about three weeks later I without thinking and out of habit took a sip of my son's drink as I was thirsty. I almost gagged and couldn't believe how sweet it was, the horrible aftertaste stayed with me for half an hour until I drowned it with a cup of strong tea!

Luckily no spitting involved nor did it last long, but I can understand where you are coming from.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I used to love sweet and sour chicken in batter, the works. It's probably one of the worst things to eat, full of sugar and carbs, but tasty. Its an absolute no no now, and sweet things taste so sickly.