sugar content

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When it says 12g carbohyrate per rice pudding of which are sugars 13 g what is the highest sugar content I should look for that we can cope with in foods???

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There isn't one answer to this. Many of us stay below 100-150gm/day of carbs or even less so you need to divide-up your daily carbs objective into the meals you want to have. which mean less than 50gm per meal and probably less for some meals. This should help you decide portion size based on TOTAL carb content (not just sugars)

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Daibell said:
There isn't one answer to this. Many of us stay below 100-150gm/day of carbs or even less so you need to divide-up your daily carbs objective into the meals you want to have. which mean less than 50gm per meal and probably less for some meals. This should help you decide portion size based on TOTAL carb content (not just sugars)

I know about keeping carbs down but what about " and sugars are ???" what is the highest I should go for in he sugar content ?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Celast
the amount of sugars isn't the most important.
Total carbohydrates IS!
only 50% of a sucrose [table sugar] molecule becomes blood glucose, whereas 100% of a starch molecule does.
Thus don't worry too much about sugars and work out total carbs in your portion.
Hana