Type 2 sugar crash....do type 2's get it at all ?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
..I only ask as i had my desmond meet today.

I mentioned the fact that what i now refer to as the shakes..happened a few times over the last few years, before i was diagnosed...

An event i normally put down to low sugar, ( stupidly NOT linking it to diabetes) where the best solution was to partake of a little snack, chocolate usually...and a few minutes after began to feel much more like my usual self.

I mentioned i had also suffered the same symptoms, since being diagnosed, fully believing it to be a part and parcel of the illness.

No one else suffered it in the room, and the tutors went so far as to say i should not be affected in such a way, as that only occurs with type 1.

Needless to say the advice was to return to doctors for further investigation.
and now it has me a little worried, if i'm honest.

Much as no one wants diabetes, i was beginning to accept the beast, but now that it might be something else on top of that...:eek:.

To clarify, i have had it on 2 occasions, since august diagnosis,
it grows slowly, it begins with a clammy sweat, i begin to feel awful, it's beyond tiredness/fatigue i believe, and i begin to feel pretty shaky, almost to the point of having to sit down somewhere.
as before a little something sweet see's me right, though both times it's happened i have been more then happy to get myself back home after asap.

my hba1c came back as 56..then increased to 57, when sent for testing early august & late october.
daily fasting bg's in morning sit around 6.3 ish, if that helps

Now i am asking advise, and will obviously let the doctors check and diagnose symptoms correctly, just wanted to get an idea if this was common, possible or definitely caused by something other then Type 2, before making that appointment..?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It could be due to what is known as a 'false hypo'. When the body gets used to running a bit high any lowering can feel like a hypo but without the very low levels we see in true hypoglycaemia. Still go see your doctor, though.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
cheers alphabeta

only during last one..(had no meter, previously)
normally seem to run at 6.2 - 6.7 morning fasting...

at that time, bear in mind i was minutes from home, and had snacked on 2/3 blocks of tesco's finest dark chocolate,
before leaving for home.

bg's came in at 5.8.when i tested.

i do hope IF it happens before doctors appointment, it happens at home so i can safely test BEFORE taking any action to resolve it., just so i can see if it's related or even relevant to my bg's.

ah, now that is good to know Guzzler.
i'm still trying to find my feet as to whats high/low/normal

i did think the scores weren't too high..but if i'm honest i really had no clue as to what to eat for the best, so may have spiked my sugars each time, with the best of intentions...

****, theres is just SOOOOoo much i need to learn about this ******, and how to deal with it..

i so appreciate the forum and all the help it offers, cheers...:)