Sugar free biscuits

Edwardia

If you quit eating the 75% carb biscuits, you wouldn't be so fat. I'm shocked by the complacency and one-won't-hurt mentality on this low carb forum. You shouldn't be eating any sugar and very little carbs - no cakes, biscuits, pastry, crisps, instant noodle stuff, pasta, potatoes, parsnips, sweet potatoes, bananas

Google Dr Richard Bernstein
Google Dr Charles Clark
Google Dr John Briffa
Google Gary Taubes
Google Hannah Sutter

Read. Inwardly Digest. Learn. Get Less Ignorant. Learn to cook.

C

catherinecherub

What rank do you hold in the Food Police Edwardia? There is no need to be so rude about other members. We are adults and do not need lectures from you.
Edwardia said:
If you quit eating the 75% carb biscuits, you wouldn't be so fat. I'm shocked by the complacency and one-won't-hurt mentality on this low carb forum. You shouldn't be eating any sugar and very little carbs - no cakes, biscuits, pastry, crisps, instant noodle stuff, pasta, potatoes, parsnips, sweet potatoes, bananas

Google Dr Richard Bernstein
Google Dr Charles Clark
Google Dr John Briffa
Google Gary Taubes
Google Hannah Sutter

Read. Inwardly Digest. Learn. Get Less Ignorant. Learn to cook.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Clearly you mean well, Edwardia, but you need to realise that many people come to this site precisely because they do not know how to deal with their health problems and are trying to find out about all aspects of diabetes including foods.

You have only fairly recently been diagnosed and are fortunate to have found the way to keep your BG levels down early on in your life as a diabetic. You may well find that there are many more twists and turns to come in the journey along your diabetes path and you too may well be struggling at some time in the future and will appreciate gentleness and helpful advice.

One thing you may not realise is that we are all different and what is possible for one person may not be possible for another. Not everyone who is diabetic has a high weight problem and some of us have a low weight problem. Testing before and after foods is the only sure way that each of us can find out what different foods do to our BG levels and sometimes it is necessary to make huge changes. It can be a very lonely and desperate business trying to get to grips with such big life changes and many become quite depressed. :cry:

Rude and rough words do not help. :shock: You may know more than many people searching on this forum so, if you could ameliorate your tone and work out a better way to say things, your 'gentle' advice could be very helpful to many. 8)

JanetS

Well said, synonym! There is no need for rudeness on ANY forum, and by heavens I've been on a few. I have come across many vicious and nasty posters and it beggars belief why they behave in that manner. It's a form of bullying: there is no-one to stop them from saying what they do, unless a moderator steps in and deletes the post, which has become necessary. Personally I wouldn't dream of doing it.