sugar level wont come down

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi my sugar was at 11mmols and i was walking for like 3miles altogeather with the counter on my phone so walked around for couple hours shopping and my sugar didnt come down it stayed at 11mmols would your levels come down if you if you did the same?.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It all depends if there was sufficient insulin to move the glucose on so to speak....so not necessarily....

Reactions: alphabeta
D

Deleted Account

Walking has no affect on my BG.
I need to do more rigorous exercise to see a change - I think it depends on how much exercise you typically do.

The only way I would expect my BG to come down would be with a correction insulin dose (unless I already have some active insulin).

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Walking affects my BSL about 6 hours later then levels drop unless I have anticipated this by lowering my basal pump insulin starting at the end of the walking.
But if you are walking about with a low level insulin ( such as without basal insulin, and some 5 + hours after short-acting insulin) then would you expect much change in your bsl?

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Walking does drop me but very very slightly. Sometimes nothing. Mind you, it used to drop me tons when I was using premix insulin. It was not good because I felt restrained. Now I am more spontaneous and free on basal bolus