Type 2 Sugars metformin and the next steps

Debi0709

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I need some advice.I have just got off the phone to my gp,as my sugars over the last month have been horrendous even though I am o. Metformin and truelicity.
I have been doing my sugars daily and they have been upto 38,at times
My gp has said I need to see them practice diabetes nurses next week to discuss the next steps
What does this mean
??????!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I need some advice.I have just got off the phone to my gp,as my sugars over the last month have been horrendous even though I am o. Metformin and truelicity.
I have been doing my sugars daily and they have been upto 38,at times
My gp has said I need to see them practice diabetes nurses next week to discuss the next steps
What does this mean
??????!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading

I assume that this means that they are considering changing/increasing your medication because your control is not currently good.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Am I right in assuming you are overweight? Trulicity is normally prescribed to help weight loss. If you are not already having a low-carb diet then that will be vital to help reduce weight as the Trulicity is not working yet for you and does have side effects. A good start point is 150gm max of Carbs per day. Your Trulicity dose may need to be reduced as and when your weight comes down. If you don't have excess weight then I would question having Trulicity and wonder whether you might be a T1 for which there are tests. Discuss with the GP.

Debi0709

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I assume that this means that they are considering changing/increasing your medication because your control is not currently good.

Yes.My GP phoned last night and said I have to speak to the diabetic nurse at our surgery on Tuesday,about the next steps (whatever that means) she did say I will probably have to have insulin injections