1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sugars

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Gaffer type 1, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Gaffer type 1

Gaffer type 1 LADA · Well-Known Member

Since the coronavirus has appeared, im not showing no symptoms lol, i just cant get my bloods in a normal range 4 - 7 always in the Red. Novorapid 3x aday, Levimir 15 units at night.
    ive been type 1 almost a year im wondering if my honeymoon period is over, or im not counting my carb intake correctly which i do work out correctly i think.
    I no the sort of norm is 1 unit of insulin drops u by 2-3 mmol for me it's more 1 unit of insulin drops me by 1 mmol.

2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

There is no norm - we are all different.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

With lockdowns etc, has anything changed with regards to the type of food you eat or your activity levels?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

In my view, '4 to 7' may be normal for somebody with a pancreas or system that is working properly but YOU have diabetes. Don't get me wrong, I certainly aim to keep my levels as close to normal as possible but if you think that they should/will always be between 4 & 7 then you will be forever disappointed. Can you tell us what they actually are, ie before & after meals? You will hear of type 1s who do manage to keep their levels in the range of a normal person and I'm sure that takes a lot of effort and management and determination (I applaud them) but don't feel that you are somehow subnormal because you go out of that range at times. x

5. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Are you able to contact your team about your levels? You may need to change your basal amount and/or your insulin ratios.

6. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Could it be the insulin you are using? Have you changed cartridges/vials in the time your bloods have been misbehaving?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook