Sugars

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
Since the coronavirus has appeared, im not showing no symptoms lol, i just cant get my bloods in a normal range 4 - 7 always in the Red. Novorapid 3x aday, Levimir 15 units at night.
ive been type 1 almost a year im wondering if my honeymoon period is over, or im not counting my carb intake correctly which i do work out correctly i think.
I no the sort of norm is 1 unit of insulin drops u by 2-3 mmol for me it's more 1 unit of insulin drops me by 1 mmol.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
There is no norm - we are all different.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
With lockdowns etc, has anything changed with regards to the type of food you eat or your activity levels?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Since the coronavirus has appeared, im not showing no symptoms lol, i just cant get my bloods in a normal range 4 - 7 always in the Red. Novorapid 3x aday, Levimir 15 units at night.
ive been type 1 almost a year im wondering if my honeymoon period is over, or im not counting my carb intake correctly which i do work out correctly i think.
I no the sort of norm is 1 unit of insulin drops u by 2-3 mmol for me it's more 1 unit of insulin drops me by 1 mmol.

In my view, '4 to 7' may be normal for somebody with a pancreas or system that is working properly but YOU have diabetes. Don't get me wrong, I certainly aim to keep my levels as close to normal as possible but if you think that they should/will always be between 4 & 7 then you will be forever disappointed. Can you tell us what they actually are, ie before & after meals? You will hear of type 1s who do manage to keep their levels in the range of a normal person and I'm sure that takes a lot of effort and management and determination (I applaud them) but don't feel that you are somehow subnormal because you go out of that range at times. x

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
1 almost a year im wondering if my honeymoon period is over, or im not counting my carb intake correctly which i do work out correctly i think.

Are you able to contact your team about your levels? You may need to change your basal amount and/or your insulin ratios.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Could it be the insulin you are using? Have you changed cartridges/vials in the time your bloods have been misbehaving?