1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Suliqua...

Discussion in 'Insulin' started by Horchone, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Horchone

Horchone Type 2 · Newbie

I’m T2 and been managed by Metformin and Giclizide, but I’m starting a new regime over the next few days of Metformin and Suliqua injections.

An insulin based medication... I know I have to look out for Hypos etc... (I’m a bad diabetic on tablets but this has got me worried)

Anyone use it or any advise for me?

(Already changing my eating away from proceed cards to lower carbs like wholewheat etc)

2. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Ah - wholewheat?
    I know that many people get bad advice, and it seems you might be one of them.
    As you are on insulin you will have to reduce your carbohydrate carefully and with advice from nurse or GP but I can only advise that you do try low carb foods and avoid grain, potatoes and other starchy foods, or anything sugary. Test frequently to avoid hypos if you do.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook