Suspect depression side effect?

Kerze85

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all for your opinions and sharing your experiances. I have decided to take it even though the side effects are horendous.

I know if i leep myself busy like pp said it will help to a certain extend, as will going out more. During the last few months i got really solitary and i think that effected it as well. That said i am certain it is a hormone imbalance be ause as i said it all started shortly post partum and being diagnosed with hypothyroids.

As for what the doctors evaluation was, i ran to the gps because if my husbamnd had not come home and refused to go for a walk with the baby i would have taken a packet of metformin. I have thoght about suicide many times, who doesnt, but actually being prepared to do it was not right for me. She asked a lot of questions but no one else knew about me. She declared me severly depressed, possibly PND.

The thing is, i am on day 4 now and in the mornings i feel god awful and worse than before, but as the day goes on it gets better. Today my husband said he saw a change, last night we had an issue and i handled it already better than in the last few months. So something is going right i guess.

Glazeddonut, i had a high this afternoon where i suddenly saw from what a dark place i came fromand how i affected the people around me but i defenetely have decreased appetite. I will keep going for a few weeks and see what happens.

Dr singh, smile and bear it is what got me in this situation in the first place, at some point it gets too much to just put a face on.

Reactions: 2 people
C

catherinecherub

So glad you were able to post and you can see things more clearly now.
We are rooting for you so please keep us up to date.
Take care,

CC.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
AD's take a tome to work, and thoughts can get worse in the interim.

You honestly sound as if you are in a more positive frame of mind. The fact that you can so clearly reason with Dr Singh's message is a great positiveness to you.

I really hope that you can start to think in the times of depression "right, I have to occupy my mind with other thoughts"..

We're here for you.. Many, many of us have depressive thoughts, but we canhelp each other through these times.

Hope you have a good week...x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Kerze85

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow sorry about the horrible typos, was rocking my baby to sleep while typing. Thank you for your support.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Me too, for typo's!! Your 'leep' instead of 'sleep' made me laugh.. Think we got tbe gist anyway.

Take each day as it comes..there are some really helpful folk here with experiences.. I havent got the experience of rocking babies to sleep, but I know of depression myself, and my mums when I was born.

Babies, children and diabetes.. It is a lot of changes physically and mentally for you. Partners worry.. But a smile to them pre sleep can help them sleep restfully....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
At least typo's are better than hypo's lol

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, metformin 2000mg sr (but not taking them as they play havoc with my insides,