Type 1 Sweating during the night

Kieran16056

Hey guys.
I'm looking for some closure or an answer for my problem.

I was diagnosed in Feb with type1 following an accident.

I also have been living with a under active thyroid.

Im 32.

I'e been winging it since Feb and learning about what the hell is going on with my body And trying to get to grips with living with type 1.

Just recently I've been waking up absolutely dripping wet where I've been sweating.

My levels are between 6 and 9 before bed and 4 and 7 when I wake up.

My partner says I don't sleep with a cover over me as I kick it off all the time.
She very worried all the time and finds it hard to sleep as she keeps checking on me.
It' not good for her as she is pregnant and needs her sleep as well as my self .

Please help

Many thanks

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Kieran16056 sorry to hear this.

I get night sweats if a) I go low in the night and b) if my Levothyroxine dose is too high (I had radioiodine for Graves thyrotoxicosis some years ago and as such my thyroid is kaputt - however, a bit like diabetes management I find my thyroxine dosage can become off-whack, which is when I get night sweats among other symptoms). Oh and c) Mr S mucks about with the thermostat settings no end here at Chateau Snapsy - so literally sometimes I'm just hot!

So I'm wondering if you're on thyroxine for your underactive thyroid that might be playing a part?

Might be worth checking in with your doctor about the overnight overheating. And gosh, it sounds like you've had a heck of a year - accident, diabetes diagnosis, a baby on the way! All power to you.

:)

Davie_sett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
last night i was up most of the night sweating really badly think i had my woodburning stove on to high not sure If I was just to warm or anything else the blood sugar was ok I do normally start sweating when I have a hypo so its best to alway check

Kieran16056

I get night sweats if a) I go low in the night and b) if my Levothyroxine dose is too high (I had radioiodine for Graves thyrotoxicosis some years ago and as such my thyroid is kaputt - however, a bit like diabetes management I find my thyroxine dosage can become off-whack, which is when I get night sweats among other symptoms). Oh and c) Mr S mucks about with the thermostat settings no end here at Chateau Snapsy - so literally sometimes I'm just hot!

So I'm wondering if you're on thyroxine for your underactive thyroid that might be playing a part?

Might be worth checking in with your doctor about the overnight overheating. And gosh, it sounds like you've had a heck of a year - accident, diabetes diagnosis, a baby on the way! All power to you.

Thanks for the reply.

I've recently had my thyroxin changed as it was too low.

I have queried with my gp and had more bloods done but he said everything was fine in that respect.

I'm just conceded that I'm doing something wrong.

I'm just confused about what's going on with my body at the moment.

A lot of different feelings and emotions are going on and changes that are foreign and the sweats diring the night are wierd as it's never happened before.

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

I'm just concerned about what's going on.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've recently had my thyroxin changed as it was too low.
I've always been recommended to have both TSH and Free T4 blood tests done six, or preferably eight, weeks after a dose change. I'm in mid-tweak at the moment (have gone from too much to too little despite the change only being a very very slight dose reduction) and am being tested again in a few weeks' time.

I hate it when I'm out of kilter with my thyroxine. I get very very shouty and anxious if I'm running high, and it seems to be a very fine line for me between hyperthyroid and hypothyroid!

:rolleyes:

Edited to say: The emotional symptoms you describe could be explained by too high a thyroxine dose - but you've got a lot of stuff going on in your life by the sound of it, so that might explain some of it. Hugs.