Sweetener Advice Please

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have erythritol granular and powdered.

My very promising looking cookbook says not to use erythritol in the recipes.

I have animals so xylitol is banned from the house.

I can't use anything that contains malt so splenda and the like are out. Malt triggers migraines in husband.

Any suggestions please?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have erythritol granular and powdered.

My very promising looking cookbook says not to use erythritol in the recipes.

I have animals so xylitol is banned from the house.

I can't use anything that contains malt so splenda and the like are out. Malt triggers migraines in husband.

Any suggestions please?
I have been impressed by good old-fashioned saccharine tablets. Zero carbs, very cheap, a tiny tablet is incredibly sweet and I personally find when used in drinks it is just like sugar, though I suspect others would disagree. Depending on the recipe, could you dissolve one tablet in a very little liquid?

Reactions: Sani Thomas

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't think so, it's for various breads, crackers. I have found a version of Stevia that doesn't have any malt so will try that.

If any of the recipes work out, I will let you know.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What recipes does youir book say you can't use erythritol in - and does it explain why? I've always used it - or erythritol/stevia combinations - for over fouir and a half years for both baking cakes etc, and for general sweetening where required. and never had any problems with it.

Robbity

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What recipes does youir book say you can't use erythritol in - and does it explain why? I've always used it - or erythritol/stevia combinations - for over fouir and a half years for both baking cakes etc, and for general sweetening where required. and never had any problems with it.

Robbity
All the recipes avoid it unless it is for frosting.

It has something to do with melting temperature.