Symptoms but blood test ok

Moira99

Hi
I have been feeling unwell after eating sugar. I am overweight. Also after eating a meal I feel like drowsy and have a sleep.Also sometimes get thirsty. I’ve had headaches after eating and dizziness but my blood test hcab came back ok.I haven’t felt well for months plus breathlessness but they said that wasn’t my asthma.
I had a blood sugar test and they said it was normal 7.6.

could the blood test be wrong plz

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was that an HbA1c test or a random fasting blood glucose test?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my blood test hcab came back ok.
I had a blood sugar test and they said it was normal 7.6.

could the blood test be wrong plz

so was that the hba1c at 7.6% If so 7.6% is not normal. It equates to 59.6mmol and is firmly in the diabetic zone (anything over 6.5z or 48mmol is classed as diabetes).

It could alternatively be a blood glucose in mmol in which case it depends when you last ate and what in relation to the test results. Are you in the U.K.?

Moira99

so was that the hba1c at 7.6% If so 7.6% is not normal. It equates to 59.6mmol and is firmly in the diabetic zone (anything over 6.5z or 48mmol is classed as diabetes).

It could alternatively be a blood glucose in mmol in which case it depends when you last ate and what in relation to the test results. Are you in the U.K.?
The 7.6 was at A&E glucose pinprick test at 7.6

hbac blood test was normal GPsaid.
Yes in UK
Thanks

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Usually the doctors 'repeat the hba1c test to confirm the first.
The finger prick test .means very little, unless it was at a specific time, fasting, pre meal, one hour or two hours after eating.This why you need a text result confirmation of your hba1c.

Moira99

Usually the doctors 'repeat the hba1c test to confirm the first.
The finger prick test .means very little, unless it was at a specific time, fasting, pre meal, one hour or two hours after eating.This why you need a text result confirmation of your hba1c.
I’ve got a home test to do. Fast for 12 hours it says and then do it.

I had 1 biscuit tonight and started sweating profusely and had a bad headache.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve got a home test to do. Fast for 12 hours it says and then do it.

I had 1 biscuit tonight and started sweating profusely and had a bad headache.

Is the sugar you eat often in baked goods, like biscuits, bread or cakes? I only ask because I am gluten intolerant and one of my symptoms of "glutening" is a dire headache.

Moira99

I fasted for 12 hours and did the blood sugar home test.

These are really hard to compare the colours but I think it’s between 200-300 - 11-16.5

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Moira99

It wasn’t a diabetes test. It was a glucose test.
I had a talk with my GP last week who said he’d up the anti depressants. So I was really annoyed and thought I’d do the self check so I can prove it’s a physical problem and not a mental one.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only