symptoms for pre-diabetes

Begonia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Cold feet which then progressed to painful feet when walking (like walking with stones in shoes). This was put down to vitamin D deficiency and then diagnosed as mild neuropathy. Having brought blood sugar down to 'normal' levels the symptoms have largely resolved but do resurface if I go astray and raise blood sugar.

thotho

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I've been reading through information regarding pre-diabetes and it seems in terms of symptoms, most people do not report any before diagnosis. How common are symptoms if they do occur?
I would like to know whether you had or at least noticed any symptoms prior to diagnosis? Or were you the majority diagnosed through routine blood testing?
Hi i am Thobeka thats what worries me about my diabetes i never had any symptoms for diabetes but i was just very sick and i was done finger prick sugar test and it was @18mml/l and bloods were taken to lab and my Dr said its prediabetes but it remained high until she decided to put me on metformin 500mg BD

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi i am Thobeka thats what worries me about my diabetes i never had any symptoms for diabetes but i was just very sick and i was done finger prick sugar test and it was @18mml/l and bloods were taken to lab and my Dr said its prediabetes but it remained high until she decided to put me on metformin 500mg BD
Hello Thobeka, it is good you have no symptoms as they tend to come when diabetes is more advanced. You have the chance now to improve your health and your test readings by your own actions, by changing your diet and doing more exercise in adition to taking Metformin. If you want to do that there is lots of help available to you on this Forum. Good luck!

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Apparently I was prediabetic for at least a year before my new doctor informed me. My previous GP of 34 years didn't think the reading was important.

No symptoms, just picked up second time round through a regular blood test.