Symptoms?

Andrea84

Hi there,
Ive been looking for some advice regarding my 9year old daughter, and came across this forum. Since Christmas day she has been drinking an excessive amount of water. She carries a water bottle around with her and is always thirsty. She has been going for wees constantly too. Shes not interested in food at all. Iv offered her everything and she just says shes not hungry. And at night time when she goes to bed she cant sleep as she is shivering. She has no temperature, but just keeps saying she feels cold and she is sat in bed shivering and drinking.

It started christmas day night, but seems to be getting worse now. She came back from her dads last night at 3, said she didnt eat much there, and didnt eat a thing all night with me, just drank water.

Someone mentioned drinking a lot and urinating more could be signs of diabetes, but the lack of appetite and shivering ive not seen as a symptom anywhere. Im going to ring the drs when they open tomorrow, but just wanted to see if anyone had experienced anything like this before?

Many thanks
Andrea

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hypos and forum bugs
Are you in the UK? I'm not a doctor, but the loss of appetite and thirst are both symptoms of T1 diabetes. I'd personally ring 111 now and get advice. Good luck.

D

Deleted Account

I wouldn’t wait until tomorrow. If this has been going on for a week, i’d Get her to see a doc ASAP.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi there @Andrea84
a warm welcome to the forum :) - and sorry you are having to hook up with us for this question.

I agree with the above answers to your query...as your GP won't be open -- try their number and you should get an out of hours service to ring -- or just ring 111

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I get the shivering too and I had not seen that anywhere. I am having symptoms too and will phone 111 soon

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree with the above. I can imagine the shivering and being cold may come from lack of food. I always feel cold when I've not eaten enough.

leahkian

Has she lost any weight as this to is a sign of diabetes and also lack of energy, i agree that you need to get her seen asap and if you are wrong they may find out what is causing the constant thirst. good luck

Macdonald1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Those were the symptoms that I had drinking a lot, going to the toilet a lot, losing weight, tired, cold all the time, I was told I had type 1, would get her check out as soon as possible.

Andrea84

Thanks for all the replies and advice. The dr has checked her urine and did a finger prick test this morning, and both came back ok so shes ruled out diabetes. Shes referred her to the hospital on friday for full blood tests to investigate further.