t:slim and Fiasp

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is anyone using the t:slim with Fiasp, or perhaps a 50% mixture of Fiasp and Novo rapid to reduce any stinging.

MinaRotter

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is anyone using the t:slim with Fiasp, or perhaps a 50% mixture of Fiasp and Novo rapid to reduce any stinging.
I was using Fiasp but every 2 days would get highs (I'm talking up to 18mmol/l here with that awful "I have no insulin on board" feeling) unresponsive to boluses, it seemed like the Fiasp had suddenly lost all potency. I ended up having to change the whole set every 2 days and then it seemed to happen after a day and a half, so I gave up and started using humalog. There are quite a few reports of this if you google it (it's a t-slim specific issue apparently - I used Fiasp in my previous Medtronic pump for over a year without issue). It's probably different for everyone but something you should be aware of - I wasn't and the t-slim rep forgot to warn me, so I found out the hard way!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimberley2026

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was using Fiasp but every 2 days would get highs (I'm talking up to 18mmol/l here with that awful "I have no insulin on board" feeling) unresponsive to boluses, it seemed like the Fiasp had suddenly lost all potency. I ended up having to change the whole set every 2 days and then it seemed to happen after a day and a half, so I gave up and started using humalog. There are quite a few reports of this if you google it (it's a t-slim specific issue apparently - I used Fiasp in my previous Medtronic pump for over a year without issue). It's probably different for everyone but something you should be aware of - I wasn't and the t-slim rep forgot to warn me, so I found out the hard way!

Thanks @MinaRotter, its good to know your now sorted.

MinaRotter

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @MinaRotter, its good to know your now sorted.
Thanks, yeh it's fine with humalog now - but I do miss the faster onset and quicker high corrections that Fiasp gave. I have no idea why the t-slim causes this but in general I prefer the t-slim pump to the Medtronic and the dexcom is far, far better than the Medtronic cgm. You win some, lose some I guess :banghead:

Are you still using Fiasp in the t-slim? Any similar issues?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chas C