T1, Charcot, and Exercise

RAPS_od

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been a t1 for 48 years. A few years back, I was diagnosed with Charcot Foot, which curtailed most of my typical exercising (walking, swimming). Now I find I've gained so much weight - I'm up to 16 stone.
Any ideas or suggestions out there for exercise for those who can't walk or stand?

RAPS_od

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
[QUOTE="Galja, post: 1090825, member: 118285"I don't know what measurement a stone is in pounds[/QUOTE]
It's funny; I converted my weight to stone for those in the UK. I'm in the US and weigh 225 pounds.
Thank you so much for this info. I'm going over to look at his website right after this. I hope there's things that can help me.
The problem with pools and swimming is that I can't bend my feet. I can't get to the pool unless in orthopedic shoes and then I'd have to try to get my shoes off by the side of the pool. All of this leaves me barefoot in the pool, which again, I can't do.
Still, I'll check out the website. You never know!

RAPS_od

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know people who have made it back from 300 pounds after age 60, so 225 does not seem impossible at all.
Have I mentioned how much I love you? Thank you for the info and the encouragement. I can use both!

stpw6995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been a t1 for 48 years. A few years back, I was diagnosed with Charcot Foot, which curtailed most of my typical exercising (walking, swimming). Now I find I've gained so much weight - I'm up to 16 stone.
Any ideas or suggestions out there for exercise for those who can't walk or stand?
I have Charcot Foot too I am the same with not being able to walk very far I do all my exercises in a chair at a keep fit class once a week and I have not put on any more weight

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
[QUOTE="Galja, post: 1090825, member: 118285"I don't know what measurement a stone is in pounds
It's funny; I converted my weight to stone for those in the UK. I'm in the US and weigh 225 pounds.
Thank you so much for this info. I'm going over to look at his website right after this. I hope there's things that can help me.
The problem with pools and swimming is that I can't bend my feet. I can't get to the pool unless in orthopedic shoes and then I'd have to try to get my shoes off by the side of the pool. All of this leaves me barefoot in the pool, which again, I can't do.
Still, I'll check out the website. You never know![/QUOTE]
a stone is 14 pounds xx