T1 for 5 Years

klh-2018

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hello to all.

Ive been a type 1 for 5 years, only just registered after having a few problems with my blood sugars and a few other health issues.

i know there is other people who has the same problems, in reality i am alone (diabetic related) and this will help.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Welcome from me. I've got T1, just had it for 8 months, I'm doing OK and have just this last 4 days had a nice run of decent BGs. They're a mystery aren't they?

klh-2018

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thank you,
i struggled for the first year with mine but its under control although easter and christmas it gets high but im just enjoying myself.

Reactions: EllieM

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @klh-2018 and welcome to the forum :)

I am over 6 years now diagnosed, yes the first year was hard, but it's got alot easier, and probably fitter now than i've ever been, so there is a positive spin to it.

klh-2018

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i am happy i stayed the same size and i get plenty of excersize there are days where i feel like i know what is wrongbut cant get it across to people who dont have diabetes.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @klh-2018 It can be difficult explaining it to others and for that reason I only tell people on a need to know, you’ve come to the right place to meet others in the same boat.

Reactions: klh-2018

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hello and welcome along.

I've been at it now for 44 years and only mention this not to be smug but to give you some optimism for the future.
Knowledge, medicine and tech are all fantastic now compared to how I started so the futures bright.

Good luck

Tony

Reactions: Juicyj and klh-2018

klh-2018

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou... being positive isnt one of my strong points but i take each day as it comes

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @klh-2018 welcome to the forum. T1D for 46 years, been in some real dark places during that time. The advances as @Tony337 has mentioned are brilliant. Much easier to get to grips with your diabetes now. No one is saying it is easy.....it really is very hard BUT stick at it and always keep yourself in control of it and not it in control of you. This forum is amazing, people are really knowledgeable and very helpful

Reactions: klh-2018