T1 James Bond...?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Not only is Theresa May the favourite with the bookies for Prime Minister, but James Norton is now favourite to play James Bond. The first T1 James Bond... Think of what sort of magic you could perform with the T1 gadgets...

The lethal "jet propelled" lancet arrow. The "Garrot" pump delivery tube. The "wall climbing" sticky pads on the cannulas. There's plenty more where these came from... Just call me Q!

Reactions: 7 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The insulin alone is lethal to a non D.

Detonating glucotabs. :eek:

The blood tests before the "seductuion" of a female agent..:banghead:

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The insulin alone is lethal to a non D.

Detonating glucotabs. :eek:

The blood tests before the "seductuion" of a female agent..:banghead:
The glucojuice bottle full of something rather more intoxicating, or just toxic...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,

.. Not to mention how all that D stuff will ruin the line of that well tailored suit.! ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
****. That mission clashes with an appointment with my DSN.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If they bring back 'Die Another Day' Bond girl Halle Berry (also T1) they could have all sorts of scenes where they're calculating the carbs in each others' cocktails and trying to work out how not to both go hypo in the fight scenes......

Reactions: 8 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
"The stress levels of your interigation Dr No will cause my BS to rise, triggering an explosion of my CGM. If you try to remove it? This will also trigger an explosion.. My CGM has a window between 4.8 & 7.5Mmol to stay inert.
Since I am already going low I've lost interest in the long speech for your plan for world domination." :cool:

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
I thought that Halle Berry was a T2. I read an article where she said that she maintained control of her blood sugars by diet alone.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you think he likes his Mixotard shaken, not stirred??

Reactions: 6 people

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
James Norton is so pretty! & I could feel much more positive about myself having a crush on him as James Bond, than having a crush on him as Tommy Lee Royce...

I think Halle Berry is either type 2 or dangerously confused - she has said that she treats with diet and exercise alone and "weaned herself off" insulin, which is not a thing you can do as a type 1 (I wonder if my YouTube link will work):

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
James Norton is so pretty! & I could feel much more positive about myself having a crush on him as James Bond, than having a crush on him as Tommy Lee Royce...

I think Halle Berry is either type 2 or dangerously confused - she has said that she treats with diet and exercise alone and "weaned herself off" insulin, which is not a thing you can do as a type 1 (I wonder if my YouTube link will work):

Hmmm. Confused & a little evasive??
It would be interesting to find out her diet to manage it though...?

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
"Pay attention, 007. We've made your CGM talk to your pump. You control it through this Pebble watch."

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
The worry repartee while hypo.

Car chases which start 30 minutes late due to 5 to drive.

Reactions: 4 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
"Do you expect me to Hypo, Goldifnger?"
"No Mr Bond, I expect you to die!"

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hmmm. Confused & a little evasive??
It would be interesting to find out her diet to manage it though...?

Confused, I think. There was a big outcry about her statement. I don't think she's said very much about it since!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to put a downer on the fun but:

Film starts.

Q: "Sorry Bond, you've failed the medical........................we might be able to find you a desk job"

The End.

(I've written a block buster!!!!!!)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
According to Roger Moore and ex-bond and niow type 2: "I do a finger-prick blood glucose test every day – I put a drop of blood on to a testing strip, which I then put into a machine. It makes a little bleep and tells me what my glucose level is. When it is good or under I can have a Magnum – but if it is over, I can't!" - T2 dietary control in a nutshell - oops - ice cream cornet? Would that life were so simple! :D

Robbity

Editd to add source of quote

Last edited by a moderator: