T1 little stars..

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m so proud of my little one, she did a scuba experience in the pool today.. with both pod and libre.
Type 1 won’t stop us....
IMG_9924.jpg

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That looks so awesome, I hope she had a great time. How did they libre work during and after? I know their claims it’s waterproof to 1m for a maximum of 30 mins. I’m still struggling to get my head round it’s safe in the shower and I wear a waterproof dressing over it ‘just in case’. Your daughter is far more adventurous than me, both on the scuba diving, and libre fronts.

Reactions: h4kr

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Fabulous post @h4kr as a former scuba diver myself it's lovely to see the next generation doing the same, great photo, and good confidence building too - well done :)

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The pods and libre have held up well for nearly 2 weeks of sun, sea and pool time.. I have cut tegaderm to cover the sticky parts of each - worked pretty well.
The diving was only for 20 mins and in a pool around 1 metre... no problems with either pod or libre after.
She wanted to do a beach dive, but they won’t cover unless with a doctors letter - next year I’ll be prepared!
Still so proud of her, she’s been through a lot at 9 years old and still just takes it all in her stride.

Think all little ones dealing with T1 do it much better than us oldies!!!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
She’s a total star @h4kr
Well done to her, and to you for supporting her.

Reactions: h4kr
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The pods and libre have held up well for nearly 2 weeks of sun, sea and pool time.. I have cut tegaderm to cover the sticky parts of each - worked pretty well.
The diving was only for 20 mins and in a pool around 1 metre... no problems with either pod or libre after.
She wanted to do a beach dive, but they won’t cover unless with a doctors letter - next year I’ll be prepared!
Still so proud of her, she’s been through a lot at 9 years old and still just takes it all in her stride.

Think all little ones dealing with T1 do it much better than us oldies!!!

What a little star indeed. I loved reading your thread, it's such a inspiring and positive one. My granddaughter hasn't been scuba diving, but I am very proud of her too, as kids and diabetes are tough little cookies :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@h4kr . Give your daughter the Top Banana award.
Awarded to any T1 who goes that little bit extra and achieves something the rest of us can take inspiration from.
As you say....type 1 won’t stop you.....so true and something a lot of others should bear in mind.

Reactions: Dodo