T1 & tinitus?

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve done a search on the forum and found some old posts related to t2/metaformin and tinitus. But since being diagnosed I have a serious high pitch ringing in my ears. At first I thought it was being high, but I’m now level (ish) and my eyesight has gone back to normal.. this ringing seems to be constant though.
Is this common? Should I mention to my dsn?
Some evenings it’s unbearable, other times family (wife/kids) noise actually hurts my ears.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @h4kr ,

Two,questions realy.. Do you have an ear infection or wax build up?
Do you work in a noisy environment. Or play in a band?

Worth mentioning to DSN.

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never really had ear problems, no wax buildup or infection.
Have always been a loud music kinda person, but other than that.. all good. Even the new exhaust I put on my car seems to be too loud these days.. and this is unheard of!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never really had ear problems, no wax buildup or infection.
Have always been a loud music kinda person, but other than that.. all good. Even the new exhaust I put on my car seems to be too loud these days.. and this is unheard of!!

The recent new zorst..? Do you mean too loud for you?

Just a thought. As a muso myself, I can knock some wax loose & the new found recovered hearing range can be almost deafening? In comparison to the unnoticeable decline as it builds up...

Though I do wear ear defenders at gigs..

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tinnitus for 15 years, diabetes for 52. I've had tests, MRI scans, etc, but no one has ever linked it to diabetes.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Tinnutis after an operation.

You can get it in one ear only or sounding like its going across the whole inside of head.

Stress makes it worse.