T2 caused by cancer treatment

Valsal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hubby diagnosed T2 and immediately put in humalin 1. Told to follow low carb. Trouble is, as posted previously, the last thing he needs is to lose weight. 72kg before diagnosis - 10 min he is 63kg. Not ideal but despite seeing dietician and adding cream, butter etc etc, the weight will not come back. Sometimes low on waking but 12,14 in the day.
We're supposed to eat so many carbs
- anyone know how many?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carbs are not necessary. Up the fats and proteins to increase weight.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Carbs are not necessary. Up the fats and proteins to increase weight.

But the poster's husband has been put onto insulin? Maybe he is on a fixed dose and needs to match it with carbs whilst they are investigating?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I believe this type of unusual situation requires a really experienced low carb / Keto practitioner like Dr Trudi Deakin or Dr Eric Westman.

Of the 3 macros to potentially add more weight the carb route has the side effect of increasing fasting, resting and post prandial blood glucose and raising insulin, when your husband is most likely already insulin resistance. Maybe due to the cancer your husbands appetite is suppressed (I know my Mother's was), so he might be in an accidental caloric deficit.

I would try butcher sourced minced lamb, made into burgers, a tasty way to get fat and some protein in good quantities, Firing off an email to Trudi might be a good first move [email protected] https://www.xperthealth.org.uk/Home/Our-Team).

Valsal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I believe this type of unusual situation requires a really experienced low carb / Keto practitioner like Dr Trudi Deakin or Dr Eric Westman.

Of the 3 macros to potentially add more weight the carb route has the side effect of increasing fasting, resting and post prandial blood glucose and raising insulin, when your husband is most likely already insulin resistance. Maybe due to the cancer your husbands appetite is suppressed (I know my Mother's was), so he might be in an accidental caloric deficit.

I would try butcher sourced minced lamb, made into burgers, a tasty way to get fat and some protein in good quantities, Firing off an email to Trudi might be a good first move [email protected] https://www.xperthealth.org.uk/Home/Our-Team).
Many thanks for must helpful reply. I will email as you suggest. The cancer treatment that resulted in T2 was immunotherapy. His appetite is good, always hungry in fact. We are indeed eating mostly meat, protein, dairy etc.
Thank you again for suggestions