Anonymous Question T2 diabetic reviews, how often should they be?

Anonymous Question

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you please tell me what we are supposed to get at a 6 monthly review for type 2 diabetes.

We have recently moved home and used to always get my urine and feet tested every 6 months (amongst other tests) and I always saw my d.n. after results of blood tests.

I am now told I don't see the d.n. unless there are problems and my urine and feet testing are only done annually.
I insisted on an appointment to get results of my blood tests which they gave me eventually.

Can you tell me if this is correct as I go back this week. Any help appreciated.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are having 6 monthly checks, and if your blood sugars and medication are stable within the range expected by the NHS, you should have a full review annually with a DN including feet and urine, blood pressure, other bits and bobs. The other blood test 6 months later is just that, a blood test with no review UNLESS there is something wrong with the tests. If there is something wrong, the DN or GP should contact you.

You don't need an appointment to get the results. You can ring up and ask for a print out. You can also enquire if your surgery is following the national guidelines by putting test results on-line. If they are (and they should be doing) all you need to do is attend at reception, complete a short questionaire and consent form, produce some ID, and in a few days you will be able to see all your test results on-line.

Reactions: lovinglife

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I have recently added Test Results to my online surgery service and it's great. My blood test results usually appear online within 2 days and are in depth so when I visit the DN I already know what to discuss with her which saves both of us time. Do get yourself added if you can.