T2 folks - how often do you test your BG?

Incyb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've stopped testing every day because I got fed up having sore fingers. Pathetic I know, lol. My BG has crept up. 6.2 this morning. I guess it's my own fault ... carb creep... Anyway, how often do you test?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Carb creep is so easy, and so invisible if we stop testing. A bit like fat creep if we stop weighing ourselves!

I test a lot. It is my motivation to keep going.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I test before meals, 2hrs post, before driving or exercise and anytime something doesn't seem right.

Reactions: Incyb

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I test between 4-7 times per day. 4 when everything is going well (before and after breakfast and dinner), then I increase if anything is affecting my readings stress, illness etc... I especially test if I eat something new.
Like Bluetit1802 I need to see my readings to keep me disciplined and motivated.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
What is your issue with testing? If it's pain, check the lancet settings, use all fingers (sides, never ever the tips) and resistance does build and wash beforehand

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Four times a day for me, I stopped doing fbg because sleep disturbance messes with my bg but I have been sleeping a little better over the past couple of weeks so I may chance starting it again.

D

Deleted member 308541

Seven times, fasting and before and after meals. I "might" do another one before bedtime if I have been playing up.