tablets changes and makes

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
WELL HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL ...
AND ASAFE ONE
MY grip is this over the last over the last few years i have been on Amlodipine 10 mg
just wonder why the man factors change shape s and sizes
old type were large round next was smaller now its gone to white and like rugby ball
with NHS would bring some standard s to stop this must be a nightmare for some or am just gripping
good health for 2019
vic insulin 64 years

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
WELL HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL ...
AND ASAFE ONE
MY grip is this over the last over the last few years i have been on Amlodipine 10 mg
just wonder why the man factors change shape s and sizes
old type were large round next was smaller now its gone to white and like rugby ball
with NHS would bring some standard s to stop this must be a nightmare for some or am just gripping
good health for 2019
vic insulin 64 years

Are all the tablets you've had by the same manufacturer?

I don't take that medication, but there are several manufacturers producing it. Maybe you've had a few swaps? : https://bnf.nice.org.uk/medicinal-forms/amlodipine.html

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@vic hill . Fully appreciate your frustration.
I often get a change in tablet supplier for no apparent reason.
My biggest gripe was a few years back. I compartmentalised a kitchen draw for all my diabetes stuff ( sad ).
Out of nowhere came bigger packaging, completely bu**ered up my organised draw.:banghead::banghead:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The NHS will use whichever brand is cheapest. It’s the manufacturers who should standardise the size and colour of the same meds to avoid confusion.
BTW @vic hill did you know Amlodipine can raise blood sugar levels in some people, it did mine, I no longer take it.

Reactions: Migghie
D

Deleted member 308541

These pills I take every morning at breakfast have stayed the same shape and colour since I have been taking them. The quantity of the little blue ones change depending on a three monthly blood test where they can go down to three, or increase to five which is the maximum dose.

You can play spot the statin (Rosuvastin) if you want in the pix, a used tub of strips to the winner.

thtnTdr.jpg

mmmmm

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
TO you all
many thanks for your reply .
have just learnt about amlodipine and blood sugars very much something to look at .
like me way back when i had a kidney transplant ,
i would not take STATINS do not ask me why.
think it was something to do 20 odd tablets i was taking at the time and side effects
3 dos dialysis doc transplant doc and local doc
Thank you one and all and do hope you all keep well in 2019 also BREXIT good or bad
vic insulin for 64 years

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
These pills I take every morning at breakfast have stayed the same shape and colour since I have been taking them. The quantity of the little blue ones change depending on a three monthly blood test where they can go down to three, or increase to five which is the maximum dose.

You can play spot the statin (Rosuvastin) if you want in the pix, a used tub of strips to the winner.

thtnTdr.jpg

mmmmm
I'm worried about postage costs, so I hardly dare guess. Is it the last chicken in the basket?

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hallo GRANT
good to see you on keyboard again old friend , i have just had 2 bad days .the pump i got on well WITH was the INSIGHT but had to give it up because some "silly person " said you could put STEEL NEDLES in you bottom which to me is total nuts to me ....
they bend ,break , as you would expect now the company are being sued ,and will not make them any more .
and me i do not seem to get on with TEFLON
SO THE PUMP I use in theist 2 days i have gone from blood sugars 3/4 overcompensated all steady in morn till 12 the of for a eye check at 3 pm go in by BUS BUT HALF WAY in eye test have to say no as b/s had 18 and just would not come
evening the point of going into boots to buy a vial of insulin and syringe .
but gt a plaster from my son took out pump needle and done full purge of insulin 24 units and stuck it in again with plaster to hold now been steady a 5 b/s for last 2 hours
so you keep well , and i live to fight another DAY .
I THINK I SHOULD WRITE A BOOK LIKE YOU but like you we sometimes wonder how we do what do
regards VIC 64 YRS ON INSULIN

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
The NHS will use whichever brand is cheapest. It’s the manufacturers who should standardise the size and colour of the same meds to avoid confusion.
BTW @vic hill did you know Amlodipine can raise blood sugar levels in some people, it did mine, I no longer take it.
Hi @Rachox can I ask how you know it was Amlodipine that raised you BG and not something else?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Rachox can I ask how you know it was Amlodipine that raised you BG and not something else?
I’m not saying Amlodipine was the cause of my diabetes but as I lost weight and corrected my blood sugars, my BP came down to the point where I was getting dizzy so I was able to stop it and stay on just Ramipril. Once I’d stopped the Amlodipine my blood sugars dropped, only a little but a significant amount to attribute it to those tablets.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@vic hill . Fully appreciate your frustration.
I often get a change in tablet supplier for no apparent reason.
My biggest gripe was a few years back. I compartmentalised a kitchen draw for all my diabetes stuff ( sad ).
Out of nowhere came bigger packaging, completely bu**ered up my organised draw.:banghead::banghead:

Squits! Also have a drawer in my bedroom cabinet!

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s good to know. I was getting worried I was the only one to be so organised.:):)

Since I was diagnosed the week I moved to Current Abode, I've always had a shelf in one of the kitchen cupboards for diabetes supplies and hypo fixes.... drawers in this kitchen are on the minimal side, and I had loads of spare shelf space at the time I moved in.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
I think organisation is based on priorities, hence my diabetes stuff was always in an exact place in a kitchen drawer (and fridge!), my records and CDs in alphabetical order (OCD? But there are literally thousands of them!) my sheet music is similarly ordered, but my non-visible clothes are stuffed in a chest.

hallo GRANT
good to see you on keyboard again old friend , i have just had 2 bad days .the pump i got on well WITH was the INSIGHT but had to give it up because some "silly person " said you could put STEEL NEDLES in you bottom which to me is total nuts to me ....
they bend ,break , as you would expect now the company are being sued ,and will not make them any more .
and me i do not seem to get on with TEFLON
SO THE PUMP I use in theist 2 days i have gone from blood sugars 3/4 overcompensated all steady in morn till 12 the of for a eye check at 3 pm go in by BUS BUT HALF WAY in eye test have to say no as b/s had 18 and just would not come
evening the point of going into boots to buy a vial of insulin and syringe .
but gt a plaster from my son took out pump needle and done full purge of insulin 24 units and stuck it in again with plaster to hold now been steady a 5 b/s for last 2 hours
so you keep well , and i live to fight another DAY .
I THINK I SHOULD WRITE A BOOK LIKE YOU but like you we sometimes wonder how we do what do
regards VIC 64 YRS ON INSULIN
Hi @vic hill
I'm sorry, I've only just found your message, but it's good to hear from you, even if for really frustrating reasons. Like so many things, I don't understand why they mess about with perfectly satisfactory equipment, medicines, recipes (New improved rarely is) and Windows, with regard to documents. I hope you have a steadier regime through the months ahead. Look after yourself, as you clearly are! All the very best, Grant

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
what o Grant
just to wish you the best 2019 with all the heavy politics we have i was in frankfurt for a few days holiday when the euro came in to being .
will never know how much people lost on the conversion of EUROS BUT i think thing will go on
had a very good check up at west suffolk nhs even to the point of looking at all my lumps to avoid putting in the needle REF POOR uptake of insulin which with me is a big problem .
had a card from Vic Sing my old friend who had a pancreas , transplant way back in 2006 still going strong but will not be the hit operation it was to be .
have seen Eversense on line a small capsule planted under the skin and will give a blood sugars every min for six months via a sensor has to be inserted by a doc another very small step for SUPERB CONTROL all you need is correct dose of food and insulin
vic insulin since 1957