Tai chi and Type 1 diabetes

Traveller

Good morning,
I am looking for information about Taoist Tai chi and type 1 diabetes.
If you are practising Tai chi, could you tell me if you think that it could be helpful in any way ;
relaxation, flexibility , etc.
Thank you,
Prague

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi traveller,
Tai chi is good for total fitness. It works on all muscles. It's not very cardio vascular though.

I'm fascinated by your signature.
i was born in Prague
Hana

C

catherinecherub

Hi traveller and welcome.
Prague is such a beautiful city and the people seem very friendly. I love the architecture there and the Museum dedicated to one of my favourite artists, Alphonse Mucha.

I am a Type 2 and practise Tai Chi.
Improved balance, suppleness, more relaxed, better sleep and overall feeling of well being are some of the benefits I have obtained.
Loose fitting clothes are all that are needed and there is no sweating, worn out feeling afterwards.

Catherine.

Caroline W

Dislikes
being ill
try the web site taichiforarthritis.com I think they have some information and there is a DVD called something like Tai Chi for Diabetes. It is run by a doctor of Western medicine who also teaches tai chi.

I'm type 2 and practice tai chi whenever I can. As far as I am aware, because it is so relaxing, it helps reduce glucose levels in the blood, but you still need to keep taking your medication be it insulin or pills.