Tea!!

LiamC93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Do flavoured teas such as lemon and ginger have any affect on BS? Cause every time I try searching for answers, i get a different reply!

I have an obsession with my lemon and ginger tea

Thanks!!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you find they are all fine. I drink them and they don't have added suagr

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Do flavoured teas such as lemon and ginger have any affect on BS? Cause every time I try searching for answers, i get a different reply!

I have an obsession with my lemon and ginger tea

Thanks!!

All you can do is test after drinking it.........I would have thought if it doesn't contain any sugar it probably wont, but you have to test for yourself.

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hi liamC93 not sure about other members but I drink lots of different flavours in teas and they don't affect my sugars as long as you don't add sugar you might be ok?

Reactions: Prem51

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of the granulated ready mixed teas have sugar or other carbs added.

Herb teas don't have any sugars or carbs added, so they would have nil impact on blood glucose (unless you add sugar or honey yourself)

But if in doubt, test blood glucose before and after, and you will see how YOUR body handles the drink. :)

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love lemon and ginger too. I use the tea bags , no added sweetener and I'm fine with it.
As the others have said.. best to test yourself.