Tee2 Test Strips

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
i just ordered a Tee2 monitor because drs only give me 100 strips a month and that just aint enough especially on a bad day
theres a card in the package that you give to dr so they can prescribe the test strips
does anyone get the Tee2 strips on prescription or do we just buy our own
im in love with the monitor as you download an app and bluetooth it to your phone and it speaks to you (well it tells you your glucose levels)

D

Deleted member 308541

i just ordered a Tee2 monitor because drs only give me 100 strips a month and that just aint enough especially on a bad day theres a card in the package that you give to dr so they can prescribe the test strips, does anyone get the Tee2 strips on prescription or do we just buy our own
You will have to ask your GP if he will prescribe more, but as you are a T2 I do not like your chances of getting them.

Reactions: licklemoose

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
im in love with the monitor as you download an app and bluetooth it to your phone and it speaks to you (well it tells you your glucose levels)
Congratulations! I tried to follow the copious instructions to do this and failed dismally. Maybe I should try again.

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
I also use the TEE2 and had that card from Spirit Health care to give to my doctor. Sadly that failed miserably as my doctor is of the opinion that type 2 diabetics shouldn't worry about home / self testing. There is a vast amount of discussion on these forum about that subject, but that's something for another day.

Currently I buy my own from the supplier, typically 100-150 a month. A lot of people on here use the Code Free testers because you can bulk buy the strips and save a small fortune. As an example, if you buy 10 packs of 50 strips you save about £17 which covers the cost of buying their tester (at about £13) Thereafter every bulk purchase after that save you money.

Try here for the Codefree meter

http://homehealth-uk.com/product-category/blood-glucose/blood-glucose-monitor/
Showing as out of stock at the moment but also available from Amazon, link below.

and here for the extra strips

http://homehealth-uk.com/all-products/sd-codefree-test-strips-to-be-used-only-with-the-sd-monitor/

There are discount codes if you buy in bulk.

5 packs 264086

10 packs 975833

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also use the TEE2 and had that card from Spirit Health care to give to my doctor. Sadly that failed miserably as my doctor is of the opinion that type 2 diabetics shouldn't worry about home / self testing. There is a vast amount of discussion on these forum about that subject, but that's something for another day.

Currently I buy my own from the supplier, typically 100-150 a month. A lot of people on here use the Code Free testers because you can bulk buy the strips and save a small fortune. As an example, if you buy 10 packs of 50 strips you save about £17 which covers the cost of buying their tester (at about £13) Thereafter every bulk purchase after that save you money.

Try here for the Codefree meter

http://homehealth-uk.com/product-category/blood-glucose/blood-glucose-monitor/
Showing as out of stock at the moment but also available from Amazon, link below.

and here for the extra strips

http://homehealth-uk.com/all-products/sd-codefree-test-strips-to-be-used-only-with-the-sd-monitor/

There are discount codes if you buy in bulk.

5 packs 264086

10 packs 975833
I agree with all of the above. Just one warning. If you buy in bulk, HomeHealth will send your parcel by Hermes courier and it will have to be signed for. That's fine if there is always someone at home, or if you can give a work address, but my delivery was delayed for weeks and in the end failed because Hermes gives no information as to when they are coming and can be pretty erratic. If you are out they may or may not leave a card, but the card gives no contact info., unlike Royal Mail who give info. on alternative arrangements and contact details. However HomeHealth told me that when I order I can ask on the form, or ring them to ask, that my parcel be sent by Royal Mail 2nd class. As a result of the long delay in getting my strips from HomeHealth I was very glad to fall back on Spirit, who send incredibly quickly by Royal Mail First Class.

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
Didn't know that about Home Health and their delivery agents, thanks for the heads up. I'm currently using the TEE2 monitor for which the strip are as you say, delivered by royal mail (and actually fit through my letter box

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn't know that about Home Health and their delivery agents, thanks for the heads up. I'm currently using the TEE2 monitor for which the strip are as you say, delivered by royal mail (and actually fit through my letter box
Yes, if you order just one tub of strips from Home Health I think that too comes through your letter box, albeit rather more slowly than strips from Spirit. But if one orders 10 tubs, that makes a much bigger parcel, and also more valuable, hence signed for and the problems that go with that.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting.

I've been using Homehealth/SD Codefree since early 2014 and can't recall every receiving my strips by anything other then Royal Mail. The Basket screen infers, although doesn't state Royal Mail.

The delivery information is pretty specific, in the Delivery nd Shipping details:.

upload_2018-7-3_16-59-9.png

Maybe I just got lucky.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting.

I've been using Homehealth/SD Codefree since early 2014 and can't recall every receiving my strips by anything other then Royal Mail. The Basket screen infers, although doesn't state Royal Mail.

The delivery information is pretty specific, in the Delivery nd Shipping details:.

View attachment 27418

Maybe I just got lucky.[Did you bulk buy?/QUOTE]

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Always, and always using the dicount codes.