Not open for further replies.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
[eQUOTE="kman, post: 649433, member: 4900"]

Folks I have for sometime now been lost in a habit of feeling sorry for myself, the Rapid deterioration of my condition, and the corresponsding increase in the intensetity and the frequency of my Neuropathic Pains, plus the worsening on a daily basis of my C.O.P.D, being a large part of this, plusmy Depression hasn't helped at all,

I am sick offeeling like this, and of feeling sorry for myself constantly, I miss writing here in this thread, so I am determined now to drag myself to my feet, even if not literelly, and to make more of my time aimed at once again keeping you all informed and upto date with the progress of such a Complication of Diabetes and Stupidity,

So here I am, Ready to take up the reigns again, so please keep faith with me, pop in here to the thread now and again, and lets hope at least one person out there will learn from my errors, and learn to Stay Well, Stay Alive, and be Happy for many many years to come,

And thanks again for putting up with me through Thick and Thin.

Love and Hugs to All.

Kevin & Wendie
welcome back[/QUOTE]

Thanks Alan, nice to know there are still people reading the thread, hopefully i will have an interesting post up very soon indeed,

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Kevin. So nice to hear from you again. It sounds like you have had it really tough for a while now...its so nice to hear you are going to post again ..there are a lot of people here who care...welcome back

Alliebee Sweetie,

it is nice to feel like talking and sharing my experiences again, better stil it's so lovely to know you and others are still out there being supportive, and interested in what is happening to our family unit, here is a Hug in appreciation of all your support and Love,

Love.

Kevin. & Wendie.

xxxx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Hey kevin

So glad you are back

I have never posted on this thread before but I have read every word

I will put your mind at ease and tell you I am one of those people who have read your threads and have taken the advice onboard i was that person at 33 years old who was on a very slippery slope hba1c at 77 proliferative retinopathy and kidney problems burying my head in the sand for 18 yrs had paid its price and had no idea what I was meant to be doing

Reading your thread changed me I now have an insulin pump and carb count I now have a network of diabetic and non diabetic friends who I can give a knowledge and insight into diabetes to as well as this forum. Stable retinopathy an hba1c of 52 the lowest it's ever been and the protein levels are on the way down

I have an apt at the diabetic clinic tomorrow and I am genuinely happy to be going to see everyone and talk diabetes exchange stories and then do a bit of lunch

My improved health and mental wellbeing allowed me to have the confidence to change jobs and start on the path to a complete career change in the NHS no less

I thought you should know that your thread started this change and for that I am eternally greatfull and you should know that I am sure i. Am not the only one out there that this thread has had that affect on you have made a difference to my life and many others we are all here to support you so please don't bottle it up and feel sorry for yourself you have helped a lot of us let us help and support you

Take care and please keep posting

Danae

Reactions: 5 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hey kevin

So glad you are back

I have never posted on this thread before but I have read every word

I will put your mind at ease and tell you I am one of those people who have read your threads and have taken the advice onboard i was that person at 33 years old who was on a very slippery slope hba1c at 77 proliferative retinopathy and kidney problems burying my head in the sand for 18 yrs had paid its price and had no idea what I was meant to be doing

Reading your thread changed me I now have an insulin pump and carb count I now have a network of diabetic and non diabetic friends who I can give a knowledge and insight into diabetes to as well as this forum. Stable retinopathy an hba1c of 52 the lowest it's ever been and the protein levels are on the way down

I have an apt at the diabetic clinic tomorrow and I am genuinely happy to be going to see everyone and talk diabetes exchange stories and then do a bit of lunch

My improved health and mental wellbeing allowed me to have the confidence to change jobs and start on the path to a complete career change in the NHS no less

I thought you should know that your thread started this change and for that I am eternally greatfull and you should know that I am sure i. Am not the only one out there that this thread has had that affect on you have made a difference to my life and many others we are all here to support you so please don't bottle it up and feel sorry for yourself you have helped a lot of us let us help and support you

Take care and please keep posting

Danae

Danae,

Where do I start, firstly I want to jump into my Wheelchair again. .... and to head North posthaste, though I really doubt i have enough charge to make Dunfermeline, but you can't possibly know how much I want to come and give you a Hug,

WHY. ? You might wonder, well Danae, yours possibly more than any other, and certainly recently, is moreheartwarming, honest, and so much want I have hoped to see and hear on this thread, that not only are people still reading, but that the thread ( Rather than ME ), ismaking a difference, and that people are able to make positive and permenent changes to thier lifestyle, meaning they will live a very long Life,

I am so glad You HAVE made that change, that you feel better and Won't be me, my time is catching up very quickly, I have little time left to push this message, I hope others like you will carry on after I am in a better place ( Hopefully. LOL ! ),

If ever and whenever you feel able, come back, post your experiences here on the thread, like what a difference your Pump has made to you etc.

Thanks so very much for posting, I'm sending a Hug in the post as I just ran out of charge in Sheffield hehehe getting a lift back home on horsedrawn milkfloat LOL,

Thanks for the Big Big Boost, talk soon I hope,

Love and Hugs.

Kevin & Wendie.

xxxx.

Reactions: 2 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Hey Kev you still on the 2 phone numbers l have if so will contact you. ln the meantime hi to all and throw the ball for the daft pooch as a hello she would prefer that to my sayng give her a hug from us..... take care blue skies and safe roads
From both of Us.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hey Kev you still on the 2 phone numbers l have if so will contact you. ln the meantime hi to all and throw the ball for the daft pooch as a hello she would prefer that to my sayng give her a hug from us..... take care blue skies and safe roads
From both of Us.

All the same as before , we are ok in day to day ways, missed you Mummy !!!

Love Always.

xxxx.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning Kevin. How are you feeling today ? Hope you had a better night sweetheart x

Yes thanks, up very early, pains prevented getting back off, trying to get a few things done at home that have been waiting a while, hope then there will be time to get out with my camera,

Got a little shopping to do too if weather holds out LOL. !

How are you today Sweetie ?

alliebee

I'm fine thankyou :). Please please keep posting whether it be bad days or good Kevin..your posts and feelings help so many on here..some people reply some people read and learn and are not sure what to say. But be assured we all care and want to know how you all are. Just look at the amount of people who read your posts. Have as good a day as you can x

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm fine thankyou :). Please please keep posting whether it be bad days or good Kevin..your posts and feelings help so many on here..some people reply some people read and learn and are not sure what to say. But be assured we all care and want to know how you all are. Just look at the amount of people who read your posts. Have as good a day as you can x

Stop trying to make me cry LOL, I'm a real softie you know !

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to see you feel up to carrying on this thread, it is an inspiring read.

I'm in the early days of diabetes really, only been diagnosed 5 years or so, only on Metformin and no complications as yet, and you have helped me want to keep it that way.

I understand that things are bad for you, but hopefully knowing that you have helped others will make it a little better.

Stay strong and please keep posting when you are able, as you can see from the other posts, many of us care for you and want to know how you are doing.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Have you put the block back in your mouth MrK or are you still trying to get into trouble with the Mrs....l have to say you were doing very well earlier putting your foot into your mouth :)))

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Have you put the block back in your mouth MrK or are you still trying to get into trouble with the Mrs....l have to say you were doing very well earlier putting your foot into your mouth :)))

Thats where it belongs. ..... In my mouth. ..... and Boy am I Good at putting it there LOL. !

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hi Kev!
Something to make you smile.....
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thats where it belongs. ..... In my mouth. ..... and Boy am I Good at putting it there LOL. !

Give me until tomorrow for those details had few problems with breathing since phonecall and very drowsy, will do it in the morning mummy,

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good to see you back, hope breathing gets easier, thinking of you all and sending hugs

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good to see you back, hope breathing gets easier, thinking of you all and sending hugs

Thanks Sweetie, sorry i forgot to reply to your last post, was down in the dumps at the time, doing better. HUGS.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Keven :)
Sorry I have not been in touch for a while, I have just noticed your thread today on my flag alert.
I read all the comments to get a update and how nice everyone is.
I hope you are getting on well with your new scooter.( must be a few months old by now)
images
can you tell I like F1 racing ,all the best Roy

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.