Not open for further replies.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
Kevin, never give up hope! I am so sorry that you are in so much pain and distress and yet you still have the compassion to encourage others. I would love to pray for you, just say the word! :)

NotSoSweet Hi, Firstly Thank You so much For reading the thread and for posting, secondly, dont worry about me, i have my moments, but i dont ever give up good, EVER. !

Its IS very much appreciated that you and many others offer so much Love, Empathy, Kindness And Support, it makes a BIG difference to my will to fight this all the way, no matter WHAT happens !

Warmest Regards.

Love and. Hugs.

xxx.

PS Prayers very welcome indeed.

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
NotSoSweet Hi, Firstly Thank You so much For reading the thread and for posting, secondly, dont worry about me, i have my moments, but i dont ever give up good, EVER. !

Its IS very much appreciated that you and many others offer so much Love, Empathy, Kindness And Support, it makes a BIG difference to my will to fight this all the way, no matter WHAT happens !

Warmest Regards.

Love and. Hugs.

xxx.

PS Prayers very welcome indeed.
Hi again Kman and how are you today you mighty warrior? Just sending love and hugs your ways for you and your familyx

Reactions: 4 people

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
Hi Kman. as others have said you are far from being a weak, silly pathetic, person. If yoou can think of others at this time
then you are an unselfish and courageous person.

I always think its a huge mistake to pretend that complications are rare and that it is a good thing to avoid frightening people.
Naturally no one wants to frighten others unnnecessarily but does anyone have the right to 'protect us from the truth?

Complications of diabetes are much more than many people realise. Any part of our bodies can be afffected. all we can do is our best in keeping bgs etc under control.

Even that is not always enough because we all have some weakness in our system which might make us vulnerable. to a particular complication.
this is not scaremongering but fact.
If it helps do come back and tell us more about yourself. Often the only way to make sense of it all is to do what you have done and use your experience to help others.
People here will understand - It must be better than crying alone.

I'm making notes of this. I'm usually a head-in-the-sand person but I've seen such nasty illnesses through diabetes that I have decided to maintain my BG balance before I get diagnosed... also I want to enjoy the benefits of having a balanced BG as I have poor energy and am overweight.

:wacky:

Reactions: 2 people

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
I'm making notes of this. I'm usually a head-in-the-sand person but I've seen such nasty illnesses through diabetes that I have decided to maintain my BG balance before I get diagnosed... also I want to enjoy the benefits of having a balanced BG as I have poor energy and am overweight.

:wacky:
Ok let's all do it all together, after all we are all in this together, let's encourage and share x

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Why ? Well the truth is that almost 19 years of excuses, no real effort, and leaving things too late, I am amongst many other things a Type 2 Diabetic, with almost an entire collection of complications of the Diabetes,
I sit here in the dark, at 6.49 am in terrible pain having had less than an hour's sleep, and I'm balling my eyes out, crying like a new born baby because I'm SCARED,
I'm dying, amongst many things it's due to Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, I also have End Organ Damage, and a multitude of other problems,
It's too late for me, I can't be saved,
So WHY am I here now ?
Really because I needed to scream, and I guess to warn you all, PLEASE look after yourselves, DON'T let you'd Diabetes get out of control, be GOOD, be SAFE,
DON'T be ME !!!

Thanks Kevin, you have strengthened my resolve to maintain my BG balance in the safe zone and to eat healthier. I remember hearing of a young girl who didn't take care in the early days.. She stopped her insulin because she wanted to lose weight and she paid highly for it in later years.... this was many years ago but it stuck with me. I knew I would have to be careful with my sugar intake etc because there is a lot of D in my family, both paternal and maternal. It scares me to even think about getting a D diagnosis!

thank you ;)

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Hi DiamondAsh, don't be a stranger :)

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi DiamondAsh, don't be a stranger :)

thanks Sweet2 ... but can I reserve the right to be strange... lol

The way I see it, is that if our BG levels can be kept within a safe range, we are not putting our bodies under undue stress. I might be way off the mark here but speaking as someone who has often overloaded with sugar in the past, it can't be good for our poor pancreas.

I have a very sweet tooth, but since controlling my BG and monitoring it before and after meals I've found the sweet craving have subdued themselves. I do believe that when I'm 56 (in 6 years) I will be struck down with the same Type 1 that struck my mom and grandad, all at 56. That is my dread.

By eating a diabetic food plan now, I'm hoping to prevent the little nasties, the complications that come with the disease should I ever be inflicted with it in the future. That is my reasoning.... and in the interim, I will have more energy and hopefully lose weight too. I hope I'm on the right tracks and am not simply deluded... haha

:cool:

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi again Kman and how are you today you mighty warrior? Just sending love and hugs your ways for you and your familyx

Mighty Warrior. ... thats a new one. ... Please dont make my head swell too much, i already have trouble getting through the doors in my new Powerchair, i dont want it even more trouble to get through LOL !

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Like me kman.. but I'm a mighty Worrier!! :joyful:

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks Kevin, you have strengthened my resolve to maintain my BG balance in the safe zone and to eat healthier. I remember hearing of a young girl who didn't take care in the early days.. She stopped her insulin because she wanted to lose weight and she paid highly for it in later years.... this was many years ago but it stuck with me. I knew I would have to be careful with my sugar intake etc because there is a lot of D in my family, both paternal and maternal. It scares me to even think about getting a D diagnosis!

thank you ;)

No it should be me thanking you, my original post that started this thread was when i was low and scared, after that it became about changing attitudes towards Diabetes, and if any one person could strengthen their resolve, and Live a longer and healthier life, my dying would somehow feel less awful, and less of a waste, SO if you or any other reader of the thread had truthfully changed, and stick to it, Then its me that needs to THANK YOU !

Hugs.

Reactions: 5 people

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No it should be me thanking you, my original post that started this thread was when i was low and scared, after that others became about changing attitudes towards Diabetes, and if any one person could strengthen their resolve, and Live a longer and healthier life, my dying would somehow feel less awful, and less of a waste, SO if you or any other reader of the thread had truthfully changed, and stick to it, Then its me that needs to THANK YOU !

Hugs.
Aaawww. that's lovely. The more I learn about D and its effects the more I want to stick to my resolve because I can control it now more easily that I think I could if it was full blown D.

Big huggggs
:)

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Aaawww. that's lovely. The more I learn about D and its effects the more I want to stick to my resolve because I can control it now more easily that I think I could if it was full blown D.

Big huggggs
:)[/wait
Just remember im by your side, willing you to stick to your own resolve, always there to help when you stumble, so never worry, your Not alone in this fight, me and many others by your side. LOL i know Corny. ... But still very true !

Reactions: 3 people

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Kevin, I will remember that... I surely will. It will see me through the low moments when I want to gorge on chocolate ...

ALways :)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Diamond Ash if you get Lindt 90% it has about 4gram carbs/100gram ;)

Hey Kev was thinking in this wind ... steal one of Wendi sheets
Tie a broom stick to the K-Car
Attach sheet to broom handle
Open front door
Go outside.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :D

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I might try that then... Lindt... for when I need a square or two... thanks Mud

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diamond Ash if you get Lindt 90% it has about 4gram carbs/100gram ;)

Hey Kev was thinking in this wind ... steal one of Wendi sheets
Tie a broom stick to the K-Car
Attach sheet to broom handle
Open front door
Go outside.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :D

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. ... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Kevin, I will remember that... I surely will. It will see me through the low moments when I want to gorge on chocolate ...

ALways :)

Wise Man he say " Give Kevin half the Chocolate, he dying already, then you not get fat LOL ! "

Status
Not open for further replies.