TESCO HGV DRIVER

TEMPLER

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
D.V.L.A.
Have you informed your agency that you have insulin dependant diabetes? I have just read another msg on this thread where an agency has refused to offer work to an HGV driver because of the risk factor.

Yes the agency were fully aware from day one & who ever I was working for I also made them aware, and when my license was suspended for a few months they phoned me regularly to see if I had got it back and see how I was I worked for GKH for about 2 years they are one of the better one's to work for.

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
YESTERDAY (THURSDAY 16/4) having seen a job centre plus advert for an HGV driver which also said NO agencies .
I when for a job interview & HGV driving assessment past with flying colours, told them I was diabetic on insulin and have to do a blood test every 2 hours when driving. The reply was how do you do that, so I did a blood test in front of him and to my surprise that's no problem with us. Then offered me a full time job & I start on Monday full time They are also one of the big company's with over 400 lorry's
Thank you to all that replyd to me Dale(TEMPLER).
Congratulations ,your honesty and perseverance ghas paid off : happy for you ::))

Reactions: 2 people

denbo

As long as your reports r all good and the DVLA independant consultant reads your meter and you av 3mths readings and you know you av to abide by the rules ov checkin your blood no company should penalise you who are they to say it's all because these companies av no idea bout diabetics

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Tesco should hang their corporate heads in shame! Makes me so mad when they are happy to use diabetes as a marketing ploy.

Smidge

TEMPLER

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
D.V.L.A.
AMAZING WHAT A FEW PHONE CALLS CAN DO TO TESCO'S HEAD OFFICE, PRESS OFFICE CAN DO.(made last week)
I have received a phone call from Tesco's transport office in Lichfield (Monday 20/4) from a transport manager I know and trust, He told that he had received an e-mail from head office to find out what is going on.he told me they had know problem with me driving for them through the agency even if you are diabetic if you have an HGV, DVLA say you are fit to drive, but we HAVE NOT had your name put forward from Alliance personnel employment agency and we would not have rejected you for a driving assessment. SO YET AGAIN I FIND A DIFFERENT EMPLOYMENT AGENCY FULL OF F...... ...T AND BLATANTLY LIE TO YOUR FACE , and made me feel like I was being discriminated against, SORRY TO TESCO'S AND ALL THAT HAVE READ MY POST'S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
AMAZING WHAT A FEW PHONE CALLS CAN DO TO TESCO'S HEAD OFFICE, PRESS OFFICE CAN DO.(made last week)
I have received a phone call from Tesco's transport office in Lichfield (Monday 20/4) from a transport manager I know and trust, He told that he had received an e-mail from head office to find out what is going on.he told me they had know problem with me driving for them through the agency even if you are diabetic if you have an HGV, DVLA say you are fit to drive, but we HAVE NOT had your name put forward from Alliance personnel employment agency and we would not have rejected you for a driving assessment. SO YET AGAIN I FIND A DIFFERENT EMPLOYMENT AGENCY FULL OF F...... ...T AND BLATANTLY LIE TO YOUR FACE , and made me feel like I was being discriminated against, SORRY TO TESCO'S AND ALL THAT HAVE READ MY POST'S

Well done to Tesco for getting in touch with you, just goes to show what lies can do, it can turn some ones life upside down. It's great to hear from you and as far you were aware, you were discriminated because of diabetes and obviously vented your feelings. Good luck and all the very best :)

RRB