test result

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
cpeptide pmol/L 584 591 329
hba1c 75 75 60

these are the last three test results the 329 and 60 were this month the 591 75 was February what do they mean please

IBEX82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The slightly lower HbA1c this month means that there’s been an improvement over the last 3 months in your glucose levels.

This is all just conjecture as I’m not a medically trained professional.

Last edited:

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
These look like high C Peptide and high HbA1c levels to me. It’s a typical diabetic type 2 picture.
Not sure I agree about the cpeptide (but I'm not a medical professional either).

The hba1cs are easy tounderstand. They reflect your average blood sugar over the last 3 months and that has gone down from
11.7mmol/L to 9,6mmol/L

The cpeptide is much more difficult to interpret, though I can confirm it does measure how much insulin your body is producing.
This article suggests that a normal range is 260-1270pmol/L if fasting and 3000-9000pmol/L after a meal. (Though I suspect the after meal result assumes you aren't eating a low carb diet).

The lowish (?) cpeptide might explain why @teddybear74 is on insulin, though I have no idea whether the decrease is because of a change in diet, reduced insulin resistance or actual failure of their insulin producing cells. (Or something else).

@teddybear74 these are very good questions to ask your medical professionals. Do you have a follow up appointment to discuss the results?

• Informative
Reactions: Marie 2 and IBEX82

IBEX82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure I agree about the cpeptide (but I'm not a medical professional either).

The hba1cs are easy tounderstand. They reflect your average blood sugar over the last 3 months and that has gone down from
11.7mmol/L to 9,6mmol/L

The cpeptide is much more difficult to interpret, though I can confirm it does measure how much insulin your body is producing.
This article suggests that a normal range is 260-1270pmol/L if fasting and 3000-9000pmol/L after a meal. (Though I suspect the after meal result assumes you aren't eating a low carb diet).

The lowish (?) cpeptide might explain why @teddybear74 is on insulin, though I have no idea whether the decrease is because of a change in diet, reduced insulin resistance or actual failure of their insulin producing cells. (Or something else).

@teddybear74 these are very good questions to ask your medical professionals. Do you have a follow up appointment to discuss the results?
thanks so much for posting the link, I’d misinterpreted the c peptide, I’ll adjust my post :)

Reactions: EllieM

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks for the replys

there hasnt been very much change in my diet in the last few months i have put on weight but then i have been started on fast acting insulin. no appointment with consultant due until august

Last edited: