Tested positive for COVID

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
Hi everyone! I tested positive for COVID yesterday and wondered if anyone else has? Has anyone else? What were your symptoms? how long did they last?

I can’t smell anything, which is how I thought it may be COVID. No idea where I could’ve got it from, I’ve been so safe for so long. Oh well.

Reading online it seems most people are better in 3 weeks and I think I’ve had covid since Thursday. I’m anxious as to what might happen! I haven’t seen anyone since Monday and even then I was social distancing so hopeful precautions have helped.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I tested positive both lon lft and pcr after my husband passed it on to me.
I did not have any symptoms so may have had either the new variant or a false positive.
Possibly slight runny nose, headache but literally a day.
I kept checking my sugars obviously but flat all the way through.
So maybe I was lucky but its normal to worry after all we have been told as 3x risk type 1s!
I am female, age 50 and not obese so I guess those things were in my favour.
Back at work now after a frustrating loss of income (I am a personal trainer)!
Keep testing sugars and rest up obviously and I hope you are over the worst of it by Christmas.

Reactions: ziggy_w and jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone! I tested positive for COVID yesterday and wondered if anyone else has? Has anyone else? What were your symptoms? how long did they last?

I can’t smell anything, which is how I thought it may be COVID. No idea where I could’ve got it from, I’ve been so safe for so long. Oh well.

Reading online it seems most people are better in 3 weeks and I think I’ve had covid since Thursday. I’m anxious as to what might happen! I haven’t seen anyone since Monday and even then I was social distancing so hopeful precautions have helped.

Sorry to hear that

If it helps . Double jabbed WAS inline for booster but not called forward

I spent 10 minutes in company of colleague I don't normally see on a Sunday, socially distance but unmasked ( doing favour, collecting item, and no one had told her, so I waited for her other colleague to return)

She tested positive the next day (Monday)
I felt ill Wednesday, tested positive LFT, then PCR Thursday

That Thursday temp above 37.7..
Couldn't control temp, gave me an insight into wife's hot flushes

From then on I felt rough
Worst cold ever, never had flu, but imagine it aligned with a very mild version.

As for symptoms.
I use Zoe, who once you say your positive, offer a tick list of symptoms.

I seemed to add a symptom a day
Loss of taste
". ". Smell
Headache
Aches
Diarrhea

Taste & smell dropped of dramatically, but I never fully lost it.

Fell ill symptoms etc 4th
Out of self isolation 14 Nov

Not as scary as expected, but still nasty

Tiredness last a few weeks more and that was more a sudden drain that required some sleep.

I'd say I have got back to 85% normal, to date

Top tip after reading how many don't get that back for ages, was you can train your tastes back

Once interested in eating again, I ate extra spicy and a no no on here normally but sweet things.

2 weeks later all back to normal

Stay safe
Get well soon :)

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
That’s really helpful, thanks. I feel strangely tired throughout the day and am looking forward to when that might subside. I’ve read a little about the smell and taste training so will start that. Thanks again. Feel a lot better but tiredness wanes!

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
That’s really helpful, thanks. I feel strangely tired throughout the day and am looking forward to when that might subside. I’ve read a little about the smell and taste training so will start that. Thanks again. Feel a lot better but tiredness wanes!

Did you regain your smell/taste?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Tested positive Friday. Absolutely no symptoms other than my BG levels had been unexplainably wayward and it was out of desperation. I couldn't belied the result. Still no symptoms and BG more responsive to my actions now.

Weird huh?