Tested positive for CV-19

Tugba

Hello all!

Just got my test result back for covid and it is positive.. i have no symptoms really apart from a cough. Contact was probably around 8 days ago now. My sugars are fairly normal too, actually keep dropping weirdly...

Has anyone else had covid and what have their experience been?

Keep safe!

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello all!

Just got my test result back for covid and it is positive.. i have no symptoms really apart from a cough. Contact was probably around 8 days ago now. My sugars are fairly normal too, actually keep dropping weirdly...

Keep safe!

Hope you feel better very soon.

Reactions: PEATIE58 and Tugba

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all!

Keep safe!
Sorry to hear that - take good care of yourself - I have replied so this will bump your post back up near the top again for more replies hopefully. I know of some people on here who have been not bad with COVID so fingers crossed you will be ok too - keep posting and updating us as to how you are doing - I for one would be very interested to hear how you get on. Just chill out and take it easy.

Tugba

Sorry to hear that - take good care of yourself - I have replied so this will bump your post back up near the top again for more replies hopefully. I know of some people on here who have been not bad with COVID so fingers crossed you will be ok too - keep posting and updating us as to how you are doing - I for one would be very interested to hear how you get on. Just chill out and take it easy.

Thank you, Mrs T! It’s a relief to know that fellow diabetics have also been able to recover well. I do have a slight tightness in my chest which started yesterday. 111 thinks it’s probably a chest infection so i need to call my GP. Other than that, just tired

Reactions: London36_

Tugba

Have you considered getting a second test to rule out a false positive?

I did consider this but I can’t leave the house regardless as I’ve been abroad. Also, my family members whom I’ve visited have all tested positive too. I am thinking to get one done in a weeks’ time or so though.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
How are you feeling now @Tugba? I’ve not had COVID but I’ve read that it’s very fond of using the host’s glucose so keep an eye on blood sugars.
Hope you and your family recover well.

Reactions: Tugba

Tugba

How are you feeling now @Tugba? I’ve not had COVID but I’ve read that it’s very fond of using the host’s glucose so keep an eye on blood sugars.
Hope you and your family recover well.

I can relate to that so much! Much more hypos than before i must say which is so weird as you would typically associate an infection with high blood sugars.. i am well thank you. Taking antibiotics for my chest infection and just tired really!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I can relate to that so much! Much more hypos than before i must say which is so weird as you would typically associate an infection with high blood sugars.. i am well thank you. Taking antibiotics for my chest infection and just tired really!
Rest, rest, rest! Look after yourself, even if you feel guilty about not doing stuff you think you should do, like housework etc!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Take care and I hope your recovery will be a smooth and a healthy one x

Tugba

Just by way of an update, I feel okay generally just tired. I had really bad diarrhea last wednesday and have it again today. I don’t know whether it’s the antibiotics this time though (definitely wasn’t last time as i hadn’t go them by then). I don’t really have covid symptoms so that’s good (i hope it stays that way!!)

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Hi Tugba, I am Type 2 and was ill with Covid for 4 weeks recently. All 6 in my household had it. My 12 year old was only unwell for 2 days, the 14 snd 17 year old were ill for 3 to 4 weeks. My sister and I were in bed for a few weeks and fortunately my husband was only in bed for 2 days.
Symptoms included fever, cough, sore throat, headache, dizziness, tight chest, loss of taste, change in taste (foul taste), nausea, stomach and bowel pains, diarrhea, constipation, aches and pains, extreme fatigue, insomnia, feeling numb emotionally, loss of appetite, dry red eyes.

None of us had serious complications. However, it was the most ill I have ever been. The illness is hugely variable in how it effects people.

I hope that the antibiotics work and that you recover quickly. Look after yourself. Big hugs xx

Tugba

Hi Tugba, I am Type 2 and was ill with Covid for 4 weeks recently. All 6 in my household had it. My 12 year old was only unwell for 2 days, the 14 snd 17 year old were ill for 3 to 4 weeks. My sister and I were in bed for a few weeks and fortunately my husband was only in bed for 2 days.
Symptoms included fever, cough, sore throat, headache, dizziness, tight chest, loss of taste, change in taste (foul taste), nausea, stomach and bowel pains, diarrhea, constipation, aches and pains, extreme fatigue, insomnia, feeling numb emotionally, loss of appetite, dry red eyes.

None of us had serious complications. However, it was the most ill I have ever been. The illness is hugely variable in how it effects people.

I hope that the antibiotics work and that you recover quickly. Look after yourself. Big hugs xx

Aww Bex! I am glad it is over for you and I hope everyone is well.

Indeed, it affects people in different ways. I never had a fever or loss of taste/smell for example.

The fatigue continues, it’s been 13 days since contact. I’m hoping to return to work on a 2 month phased return which I am very grateful for!

Hoping this fatigue will go away soon xx

Reactions: oldgreymare

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tugba I also had a positive Covid test a few weeks ago. The first day I just felt weak and exhausted. Following days of consistent high temperature, loss of taste (not completely back yet) high BG which was when I decided to get a test. I consider I got a low dose and recovered by resting and sleeping a lot. My BG readings are still higher than they should be since I tend to eat the same things week in week out. It is now day 29 since I got infected so I am hoping my BG will come down to my normal levels soon. Take care and rest lots. I foolishly tried some light gardening a 10 days in and my legs turned to jelly! Rest!

Tugba

Hi Tugba I also had a positive Covid test a few weeks ago. The first day I just felt weak and exhausted. Following days of consistent high temperature, loss of taste (not completely back yet) high BG which was when I decided to get a test. I consider I got a low dose and recovered by resting and sleeping a lot. My BG readings are still higher than they should be since I tend to eat the same things week in week out. It is now day 29 since I got infected so I am hoping my BG will come down to my normal levels soon. Take care and rest lots. I foolishly tried some light gardening a 10 days in and my legs turned to jelly! Rest!

Aww I hope you are much much better now!

I’m having a really weird experience with my BG levels. They are consistently low.. i keep having to eat and it’s actually annoying. I guess it’s better than DKA. Still on antibiotics so hoping that should help too! I’m laying down most of the day as i get lightheaded. Let’s keep strong!

Reactions: oldgreymare

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww I hope you are much much better now!

I’m having a really weird experience with my BG levels. They are consistently low.. i keep having to eat and it’s actually annoying. I guess it’s better than DKA. Still on antibiotics so hoping that should help too! I’m laying down most of the day as i get lightheaded. Let’s keep strong!
I can’t see if you are T1 or T2 and if you are on insulin or other meds for D. If you are T1 watch out as low readings can cause a hypo. There seems to be quite a variance in Covid symptoms but in any case if you are Diabetic of any type being ill/having any infection or virus can affect BG levels. Be very kind to yourself right now and if anything doesnt seem right ask for medical help would be my advice.

Tugba

I can’t see if you are T1 or T2 and if you are on insulin or other meds for D. If you are T1 watch out as low readings can cause a hypo. There seems to be quite a variance in Covid symptoms but in any case if you are Diabetic of any type being ill/having any infection or virus can affect BG levels. Be very kind to yourself right now and if anything doesnt seem right ask for medical help would be my advice.

I’m T1. I’ve spoken to the GP twice and keeping a close eye on my levels! Thank you for your support