Testing highs

Carolyn_Lesley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, as a newbie I have millions of questions I am sorry in advance...... I read to test before and two hours after food which I have been doing regularly and my readings have,I think, been good 5's before 6's after generally. However as soon as I start testing an hour after food my results are alarming, 10, 11, 12 etc! I thought it was porridge but seems to be more widespread than that.
I am not eating any sugar, potatoes, rice, flour,pasta, bananas, root veg, bread at all. Little apples, cherries, and raspberries, Losing weight and taking Metformin and exercising daily. Thank you

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are your levels in the 5s & 6s before eating too?
The return to those levels after 2 hours is excellent. But for the 1-hour highs the first assumption is something you ate is boosting them. You've said you like porridge, which could do it, and you may be unlucky with apples. You've said what you aren't eating, so what could it be?
(This is where you fill in the gaps!)

Carolyn_Lesley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before eating I am in the low 5's and have had a couple of 4's! I am really just eating meat, fish, vegetables and dairy! I'm using cauliflower rice and courgette pasta, or just lots of veg with meals. Salads for lunch with cheese, cold meat. An occasional half one of the low carb lidl rolls. I've made oopsie breads. I may try porridge made with water and some cream stirred through. I thought I had been soooooooooo good and had done well until I checked the hour after bloods!