Thank God for this Forum

Maistan

In November last year I was an out of control diabetic, had been diagnosed for over 2 years and thought I could beat the system by continuing to eat what and when I wanted. I would test my blood approx 4 hours after breakfast and record this and then eat anything I so wished for the rest of the day - and basically burying my head in the sand, I have been on medication for 2 years.

My hba1c was 7.8 in November, I was at my heaviest weight, my liver function tests(GGT in particular) were raised, my feet were giving me problems with areas breaking out in them and I felt really down
THEN
whilst surfing the internet I came across this forum and started reading and reading .......

I decided to take responsibility for my life and get it back on track - out went the wee snacks, chippy teas etc and I started following a low carb diet and today I have received my blood test results and my hba1c has dropped to 6.6 and I now have beautiful feet (with a little help from the podiatrist) and more importantly I have lost 12lbs. Even my GGT level has returned to normal levels. I know I have a long way to go and this is just the beginning but I feel so grateful to this forum and the people who post on it - thankyou for making me understand and for once I believe I can keep this up.

jaykay

I think you have to take the responsibility for this you know! :D We all know what we are supposed to do and as a mother of 2, I have given out enough righteous advice to fill 1000 hot air balloons but it isn't until we look hard at ourselves and start taking responsibility for our own lives and actions that we can move forward on the right path. You have done it OP, you have done all of it. And a very big hoorah and well done to you!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Congratulations Maistan, isn't it great when you start to see the results of your hard work
clap.gif

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Excellent stuff Maistan! :D

Nigel

Bertie

Your comments are inspirational to everyone, as we all make choices everyday, some are good ones and some...well nobody is perfect!

However the great news is that if we want to achieve something it has to be focused on, and we can all choose to do that, it doesn't have to be later or next week...I believe Nike sports has a great slogan, which sums it up..."Just do it".

Whatever needs addressing it can be achieved and if it's gets difficult, remember there are people out there that can support us all, family, friends and even forums.

Great work, and well done.

pms543

I totally agree with you and am fortunate to have found them almost when diagnosed rather than years later....

Keep up the good work !!