Thank you Keto!

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a land-mark day today... since confirmed diagnosed T2 on 13th July I've now dropped a clear 10kg!

Got to thank this forum with it's friendly moderators and members for their help freely given. You've kept me on the 'keto straight and narrow' by straight talking when I could have strayed, you've inspired me with keto friendly tips and advice, and most importantly I feel you've convinced me that changing my diet could keep me off that drug treadmill of ever higher doses of medicine to control BG.

10kg might not be such a big deal, except it's inspired my husband into dropping 8kg too.

Don't think I've knowingly gone over 20g of carbs a day since that first week after I was diagnosed, and I've now got an arsenal of tried and tested foods, with new recipes a few times a week to keep us interested.

My 3 month blood test will be due over the next few weeks and I can't wait for the results.

Life felt so daunting, but that soon passed when results started to be noticed!

Thank you everyone :happy:

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @JenniferM55 - I am sure you will see a big drop in the HbA1c - you are doing everything right and heading in the right direction - keep posting on the low carb section if you have the time, I am missing your food ideas.

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Bit of a land-mark day today... since confirmed diagnosed T2 on 13th July I've now dropped a clear 10kg!

. Got to thank this forum with it's friendly moderators and members for their help freely given. You've kept me on the 'keto straight and narrow' by straight talking when I could have strayed, you've inspired me with keto friendly tips and advice, and most importantly I feel you've convinced me that changing my diet could keep me off that drug treadmill of ever higher doses of medicine to control BG.

10kg might not be such a big deal, except it's inspired my husband into dropping 8kg too.

Don't think I've knowingly gone over 20g of carbs a day since that first week after I was diagnosed, and I've now got an arsenal of tried and tested foods, with new recipes a few times a week to keep us interested.

My 3 month blood test will be due over the next few weeks and I can't wait for the results.

Life felt so daunting, but that soon passed when results started to be noticed!

Thank you everyone :happy:

Well done Jennifer, you've done so well (as has your husband). You deserve to be very pleased with yourself! I've lost about 2 stone by eating low carb and don t get very hungry these days. I no longer 'need' something sweet. My HbA1c is down from 78 to 51 and needs to be lowered some more. I know stress has an impact so am working on that too. I also need to lower my cholesterol. It is empowering to take control of your health

Edited by moderator for clarity

Last edited by a moderator: