Thanks For Helping T2d Peoples.

Larbi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all ,
Before i start reciting my story with T2 diabetes ,let me say thanks to this forum for all what do you do helping peoples suffering with this terrible disease ,really you have given me courage and willingness to manage my blood sugar even my life .

I was diagnosed with T2 in November 2017 with 2,45 Mg/dl of Serum Blood sugar and HbA1C was 10%, It was a horrible days to me when my doctor inform me that's I must start the battle against the diabetes , really It's not easy at all.

After 4 months later with moderate Carbs diet my fasting blood sugar (FBS) was stable between 100-115 mg/dl , before lunch = 95mg/dl ,before diner = 100 mg/dl.
My weight was 93 kg and now is 83 kg, my height is 1,71 m.

During this period I have practiced sports like walking , cross and swimming and I have taken a mixture of differences medicinal herbs twice a time a day in the early morning and before bed , in addition for that my doctor advise me to take lowering glucose drug of 02 mg Glimepiride once a day instead of Metformin .

After 5 weeks my doctor again advise me to take only half ~1 Mg , three months later after my first diagnosis I did my first HBa1c test , it was 6,2% (01/02/2018)

My second HBa1c test (01/05/2018) was very joyful it's gave me the hopefulness to revercemy diabetes , it was 5,44% with fasting serum Glycose of 107mg/dl.

During the last holy Ramadan, i was terrified with the fasting effect in my FBS , it was bellow of 95 mg/dl at 8h00 morning and 90mg/dl before fetour ( ~diner at 20h00 evening ), according to those results my doctor suggest to reduce the glymeperide dose from 1 Mg to 0.5 Mg.

The last couples of days my FBS was bellow of 115 mg/dl and around 90 mg/dl before lunch and around 100 mg/dl before dinner.

Here I have two questions:
How can I decrease my FBS, is by adding fasting intermittent with LCHF diet? Or by increase my daily exercise.
Can I consider myself in route of remission zone or not?

I will take this occasion to thank you to give me courage to fight diabetes and see you soon.

Cheers.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It seems IF does reduce higher fbgs from what I've read here.
Although I'm unsure what happens once IF dieting stops?

Myself I've found eating/nibbling cheese or nuts on rising stops the morning liver dump. Additionally a similiar fatty protein before bed to stop 3am liver dump. However we are all different.

Keep in touch with your findings. :)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Larbi great what you have achieved so far.:):singing: If you want to reduce your Bg more you could lower your carbs a little more, (how many grams do you have now?) You could also try Intermittent fasting As you have done this during Ramadan but were a little apprehensive because of the length and your medication you could try just a 12 hr fast to begin with. You could do from 20.00 to 08.00 to start with and see how you feel. If you feel fine you could skip breakfast on odd days and go to 12.00 (16hrs). We are all so different with what we can do. I personally have no problem with fasting 22/2 every day if needed. Good luck on what ever path you take, we are here to help, advise and support you on your journey. :happy:

Reactions: Prem51

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Some things that can be done to improve fbg might be. Reduce your eating window so that your first meal of the day is at least 16 hours after your last the day before. If you are doing 3 meals a day reduce to 2 with no snacking where possible. Have your bigger meal before your last, I.e. make your last meal protein and mainly fats. Have a little Apple Cider viniger before a meal. Walk after each meal. Sleep an hour longer. Take time to wind down, possibly meditate and or get a massage, steam or sauna.

I have tried many things that work such as fasting, but my go to now is resistance training. If you are prepared to go to where it is not comfortable, the results are astonishing in a fraction of the time of cardio. 7 minutes of intensive weights, with 45 seconds of cardio non-stop to finish is amazing.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on your progress.

I have found skipping dinner to be most effective in normalizing fasting glucose.

And generally a carbs lite, insulin lite lifestyle will help to maintain it at the normal level of 72-100 mg/dl.

I hardly exercise.

Reactions: ickihun

Larbi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Myself I've found eating/nibbling cheese or nuts on rising stops the morning liver dump. Additionally a similiar fatty protein before bed to stop 3am liver dump. However we are all different.

Indeed when i stopped fasting i have returned to the previous status:banghead: before fasting that is mean reading of FBG above 100 mg/dl , i think this is an indicator of liver function .
Thanks for fatty protein adding before bed advice , i will try it and see what is happen .

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Indeed when i stopped fasting i have returned to the previous status:banghead: before fasting that is mean reading of FBG above 100 mg/dl , i think this is an indicator of liver function .
Thanks for fatty protein adding before bed advice , i will try it and see what is happen .
It works for some. I'm one of them. It reduces by 2-3mmol/l for me.
Liver blocking is a manual equivalent to Metformin but it can get too intense if like me I need 4 a day. Extra if exercise is involved.

Geoffno6

Thanks for this advice @ickihun I’ll give it a go, my fbg’s are usually 1 or 2 above my levels for the rest of the day and it’d be nice to push them down

Larbi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Larbi great what you have achieved so far.:):singing: If you want to reduce your Bg more you could lower your carbs a little more, (how many grams do you have now?) You could also try Intermittent fasting As you have done this during Ramadan but were a little apprehensive because of the length and your medication you could try just a 12 hr fast to begin with. You could do from 20.00 to 08.00 to start with and see how you feel. If you feel fine you could skip breakfast on odd days and go to 12.00 (16hrs). We are all so different with what we can do. I personally have no problem with fasting 22/2 every day if needed. Good luck on what ever path you take, we are here to help, advise and support you on your journey. :happy:

I don't know how to count grams on carbs per day , just i have cut pasta , potatoes ,no sugar with coffee ,no starchy foods , no soda ,no chocolate .
I want to try with 12h window of Intermittent fasting or maybe skip breakfast on odd days.
Thanks for your advise and support.

Larbi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:banghead:
Congratulations on your progress.

I have found skipping dinner to be most effective in normalizing fasting glucose.

And generally a carbs lite, insulin lite lifestyle will help to maintain it at the normal level of 72-100 mg/dl.

I hardly exercise.
Skipping dinner is to hard to me as i have 12h workday:banghead::banghead::banghead:.May this will be helpful during my time off.
Many thanks .

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your brilliant success bringing your blood glucose down to normal levels!

Congratulations! :D

Larbi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on your brilliant success bringing your blood glucose down to normal levels!

Congratulations! :D

Thank you very much , i hope i can normalize my fasting blood sugar soon.
Sometimes I find myself disappointed by a value above 110 mg / dl:(:(:( , but when I take my breakfast, I find myself at 12h00 a value less than 85 mg / dl:D:D:D, I do not know this due of oatmeal breakfast or the delay of the effect of Glimepiride.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:banghead:
Skipping dinner is to hard to me as i have 12h workday:banghead::banghead::banghead:.May this will be helpful during my time off.
Many thanks .

I agree that skipping dinner is typically socially difficult for many people.

But I find that I don't need to skip dinner all the time. Only when I want to bring my fasting glucose back to < 100mg/dl. Then skipping a couple of dinners in a row is sufficient. And to maintain the fasting glucose at < 100mg/dl, I need to ensure either early or carbs lite dinner.

From my Libre monitoring, it was clear that a day of high carbs meal will result in higher fasting glucose for a couple of days...the impaired metabolic system is simply unable to clear the excess glucose.

upload_2018-8-9_15-23-51.png

Here is a chart, a couple days later inspite of a high carbs breakfast, the carbs lite lunch and very lite dinner allows the body to mop up the excess glucose...notice how the night time glucose dips to < 5.5 mmols.
upload_2018-8-9_15-26-3.png

When we go sufficiently low carb for a period, the liver will empty its glycogen and fats store. It becomes more insulin sensitive and is able to stop its excessive glucose output in the morning. The idea is fairly simple.

For the past 3 years, I typically exercise less than 1000 steps a day. So it was not exercise that improves my insulin sensitivity.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much , i hope i can normalize my fasting blood sugar soon.
Sometimes I find myself disappointed by a value above 110 mg / dl:(:(:( , but when I take my breakfast, I find myself at 12h00 a value less than 85 mg / dl:D:D:D, I do not know this due of oatmeal breakfast or the delay of the effect of Glimepiride.

This is likely the result of reactive hypoglycemia. If you had tracked you glucose closely, you may see the sharp rise and fall post breakfast...as in this test after a buffet breakfast.

upload_2018-8-9_15-32-55.png

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is interesting. So, on your winner regimen, when do you have breakfast and when do you have lunch or tea or both? I want to try this, partly because my worst cravings are evening and night.

Breakfast is usually 7am and lunch is 12pm. And that is usually it. It is important not to have carbs or have very little carbs during lunch. Otherwise the sharp rise and fall will trigger the need for tea/dinner.

If I do feel hungry and want to maintain stable glucose, I will have some bulletproof coffee (butter+virgin coconut oil, no milk, no sugar), maybe a couple of slices of harvati cheese or simply a few spoonful of virgin coconut oil. That's it. Works pretty well for me.

Reactions: Geoffno6